Car rental

Anonymous 4

Unread post

Our I sir ace company had Enterprise bring the car to the body shop last time I needed a rental for that purpose. So not sure.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

When my insurance is covering my rental, the rental is dropped off at my house.

Did you call the rental place and tell them that you were going to be late? When I rent a car for vacation, I don't recall there being a tight window for pickup. And I don't think a tight window is usual. But perhaps Covid-19 had a hand in your situation. Regardless, though, I would think that someone had informed you of when to pick up the car and what would happen if you won't there by X time.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If I was late and missed my appointment, I wouldn't be surprised by that.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

I'd have showed up on time or if I knew I was going to be late I'd have called.. As long as they have a vehicle for me at some point that day, I'd have been ok with that.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

I’ve never had an appointment to pick up a rental car. I’ve always been given a time range (ie between 8 and noon).

If they weren’t clear, I’d assume that meant they opened at 8.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

In my town we don't have a great many cars available. I think we only have one chain here. And as someone else said because of covid-19 they may go by appointment. Everyone seems to be by me. Even the tax preparer near my office who never took appointments does now. And folks have to wait outside until it's their turn. So you get your car in the afternoon and go on time. "Shrug".
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:53 am We've recently had a minor accident and the car needs some repair. Of course we've followed all the requirements with our insurance company. They set up the rental car to be used while our car is being repaired, should take less than a week.
Rental was scheduled for today at 8 a.m. I arrived at 8:30 and the place was empty, sign was on the door. I called the number. A very rude representative starts to berate me because I missed my APPOINTED TIME. And as a consequence they currently did not have another vehicle for me until much later this afternoon.
I was surprised at the entire situation. Would you have been or am I completely ignorant the way rental car businesses operate?
You were LATE. Do you think people should wait around to see if your lazy ass shows up or not. You are the rude inconsiderate jackass in this story.
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I guess next time you'll be on time
Locked Previous topicNext topic