Disband and defund the police?

Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:31 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:06 pm I will also add that they need to take a look at the overtime they give as well. They are paying way more in overtime than they would hiring a few more officers.
More officers means paying for the base salary, another patrol vehicle, equipment for the vehicle, fuel, insurance and maintenance for the vehicle, pension, insurances, uniforms, officers equipment, and additional operating costs.
That would still be cheaper than the overtime they are paying.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Disband and defund is the most ridiculous idea ever. That will not solve anything.

I think they need to do some major investigation into training tactics. A knee on the back or on the neck is obviously being taught as a way to subdue a suspect. But obviously it's not being taught properly or effectively. Officers are taking it too far and killing the suspects with it. Is it just officer ego? Or does it go back to poor training? That needs to be looked into.

But disband and/or defund will only make the existing problems worse. It will not solve a single F***ing thing.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:34 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:06 pm I will also add that they need to take a look at the overtime they give as well. They are paying way more in overtime than they would hiring a few more officers.
More officers means paying for the base salary, another patrol vehicle, equipment for the vehicle, fuel, insurance and maintenance for the vehicle, pension, insurances, uniforms, officers equipment, and additional operating costs.
No, it wouldn't. I work in the budget office of a large police department. This has been looked into many times.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:12 pm

No, it wouldn't. I work in the budget office of a large police department. This has been looked into many times.
Not in my state the reason they won’t do that is because the officers wouldn’t be happy if they couldn’t make double and sometimes triple their base salary on overtime. My dad and brother are in law enforcement and they have mentioned that each time it is brought up.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:00 pm Disband and defund is the most ridiculous idea ever. That will not solve anything.

I think they need to do some major investigation into training tactics. A knee on the back or on the neck is obviously being taught as a way to subdue a suspect. But obviously it's not being taught properly or effectively. Officers are taking it too far and killing the suspects with it. Is it just officer ego? Or does it go back to poor training? That needs to be looked into.

But disband and/or defund will only make the existing problems worse. It will not solve a single F***ing thing.
It's being taught by the elite.
https://www.amnestyusa.org/with-whom-ar ... or-israel/
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:16 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:12 pm

Not in my state the reason they won’t do that is because the officers wouldn’t be happy if they couldn’t make double and sometimes triple their base salary on overtime. My dad and brother are in law enforcement and they have mentioned that each time it is brought up.
Is that overtime for patrolling or regular police duties? Or is it after shift overtime like working security, directing traffic, road closures, etc?
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:25 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:00 pm Disband and defund is the most ridiculous idea ever. That will not solve anything.

Very interesting. I’ve seen this come up in connection with police brutality a lot recently.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Interesting read. Thank you for the article. It certainly explains some things.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Deleted User 1577

Unread post

Because policing ourselves works so well...

Shit. People need to slow down on this new flavor of kool-aid if they’re really saying this.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

lauren08 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:48 pm

Very interesting. I’ve seen this come up in connection with police brutality a lot recently.
They're teaching America policemen how to brutalize like they brutalize the Palestinians.
Locked Previous topicNext topic