Something I find sad

Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:34 am
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:01 am
Anonymous 5 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:00 am

Shortly after 9/11, I was working on a project that basically required me to get on an airplane at least twice a week. At the time, I was in my early 20’s with long blonde hair, green eyes, and (perhaps most importantly) I weighed less than 110 lbs. At the time, they were pulling out every 3rd person at the airport to search them. Every time I was the 3rd person in line they picked someone else.

Profiling is a useful tool to assess danger and decide the safest approach to containing a situation sometimes. Do you truly think a police officer should approach a woman with her kids in a 7 passenger SUV that was going 5 mph over the speed limit the same way they approach a truckload of men that was driving erratically and tossing empty beer bottles out the window?
Except your race, hair color, and weight have nothing to do with your ability to commit terrorism. Thin white women have committed terrorism. You just gave an example of white privilege and racism, not of using profiling as a "useful tool." Driving erratically and tossing beer bottles are illegal behaviors. If the mom with her kids in the car was driving that way, she should approached with caution, just like the men driving five miles an hour over the speed limit shouldn't be treated harshly just because they are men. Being a brown skinned family in the airport is not equal to driving erratically, being born appearing to be of middle eastern descent is not a chosen behavior, and they should not be treated with caution just for how they look.
Can you provide some examples of thin, white, blonde, professional women that became terrorists?

For the record, I don’t think anyone should be treated with caution based simply on the color of his or her skin. However, it was certainly rational following the events of 9/11 to search people that presented more of a threat. One of my colleagues that I regularly traveled with was searched every time he flew and he was a white man with blue eyes. But he was a big, broad, bald guy that looked like a bad ass.
MM
Deleted User 1577

Unread post

Actually, I wish they would talk about all types of cancers, instead of focusing on just one cancer ailment.

And, while I’m here.

Focusing on BLM takes away from the police injustices other minority groups face. So, yes, all lives matter.
Anonymous 7 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:07 pm When you're on social media and you see BREAST cancer awareness memes, do you think to yourself, "Why do they only care about BREAST cancer? What about all the people with COLON cancer? It's offensive that they don't also mention COLON cancer!"?
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:12 am Something I find sad is black lives matter. All lives matter
Locked Previous topicNext topic