Okay to do this? Or wrong?

MonkeySeeMonkeyDo
Patreon
Patreon
Regent
Regent

Unread post

On a local Facebook group a woman posted a picture of a vehicle with the license plate crystal clear as well as a picture of the woman.

She went on to say that this woman was watching her (op’s) kid’s for about 40 minutes and when the woman pictured realized that the op was watching she walked away, about a mile down the road. She said the vehicle had a male in it and that they were together and that the vehicle then followed the lady and stopped where the lady stopped. She also said the lady was watching other children further down. She accused her of human trafficking.

She didn’t call the cops, she just blasted the lady complete with pictures of her vehicle and herself in a Facebook group and urged people to share her post.

I find what she did irresponsible and down right dangerous. She admitted she didn’t call the cops before posting.

What do you think?
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I would have alerted authorities to suspicious behavior instead of posting on FB. I would've taken a picture of the license plate to give to the police.
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I get so tired of those bs posts being shared. If they really felt like there was an issue, they should have called 911.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
MonkeySeeMonkeyDo
Patreon
Patreon
Regent
Regent

Unread post

bluebunnybabe wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:16 pm I get so tired of those bs posts being shared. If they really felt like there was an issue, they should have called 911.
I can’t believe the people defending her actions, they think it’s okay to do what she did.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

That's a really terrible thing to do. Statistically speaking, most likely the people aren't traffickers. They could be, or there could be some other problem, or it could be nothing at all. Calling police to check things out makes much more sense than making potentially innocent people targets on social media.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I would have called the police but I don't see anything wrong with posting the info on facebook
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:35 pm I would have called the police but I don't see anything wrong with posting the info on facebook
If that woman is innocent, she is now in danger and has become a target.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

With issues like that, contact the police. Putting it on your Facebook doesn't do anything to figure out what was going on with that person. If you want to post a "person driving a silver van acting strangely, keep an extra eye on your kids until the police sort it out", sure, but posting pictures of her car and not reporting it to the police does nothing for anyone.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

MonkeySeeMonkeyDo wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:20 pm
bluebunnybabe wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:16 pm I get so tired of those bs posts being shared. If they really felt like there was an issue, they should have called 911.
I can’t believe the people defending her actions, they think it’s okay to do what she did.
Vigilante justice. Some don't see the justice system as harsh or swift enough.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

lauren08 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:38 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:35 pm I would have called the police but I don't see anything wrong with posting the info on facebook
If that woman is innocent, she is now in danger and has become a target.
Don't be doing weird stuff in public and you don't have to worry about that kind of stuff. Anyone is allowed to take picture of people in public and post them.
Locked Previous topicNext topic