Do you track your kids’ location?

KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:27 am For those that remember me from the old group a few years ago, my oldest DD went missing for almost three hours when she was 10. We had even called the police. Her and two friends eventually showed back up on their bikes.
Omg!

I would've had a heart attack!
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

KendallsMom wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:50 am
Linda_Runs wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:27 am For those that remember me from the old group a few years ago, my oldest DD went missing for almost three hours when she was 10. We had even called the police. Her and two friends eventually showed back up on their bikes.
Omg!

My heart was in my stomach. I held back the tears until the three girls showed up. They lied to us about where they were going so they could take an "adventure." They ended up getting lost. After an hour I decided to check on them and to all three parents' surprise, they were not where they said. At the two hour point we called the police. They eventually got their bearing and casually drove back home. Talk about being in trouble!!!
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:41 pm
MrsDavidB wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:31 pm No I just have never felt the need with my sons. My sister tracks my niece and nephews every movement (19 & 18) and I find it so strange.
I find that strange to track their every movement. I knew a mom whose dd was in college and she’d always track her and ask why wasn’t she in her dorm at a certain time, etc. Just batshit crazy. The only time I ever used it with my 18 yo dd was the car accident. Other than that, I’ve never had a reason nor desire to. My line of work definitely makes me more paranoid than most though.
My dad's stepmom not only tracked everywhere my husband and her two younger kids went, she had to set up so she could view every text message they sent and all activity on their phones. My husband got his own phone line the day he turned 18 and he helped the younger two get their own phone lines when they went to college. He doesn't like "going behind his parents backs" because it causes problems, but now that his younger siblings are adults he knows that if they don't get some kind of independence, they are going to explode.
Anonymous2.0
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Only for emergency purposes. Not because I randomly look at it.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

When I was about 9, after school one day, instead of getting on the bus to go home, I walked with my friend to her house. I think I was gone for about 3 hours, too. When my mom learned where I was, she told me, "Just wait until you get home." All I will say is this: I never did it again.
Linda_Runs wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:44 am
Omg!

My heart was in my stomach. I held back the tears until the three girls showed up. They lied to us about where they were going so they could take an "adventure." They ended up getting lost. After an hour I decided to check on them and to all three parents' surprise, they were not where they said. At the two hour point we called the police. They eventually got their bearing and casually drove back home. Talk about being in trouble!!!
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 10 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:30 pm When I was about 9, after school one day, instead of getting on the bus to go home, I walked with my friend to her house. I think I was gone for about 3 hours, too. When my mom learned where I was, she told me, "Just wait until you get home." All I will say is this: I never did it again.

Omg!

My daughter was 10 at the time she probably would say the same about never doing that again!
Anonymous 10

Unread post

I think I remember you telling this story a while ago. :lol:
Linda_Runs wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:32 pm
Anonymous 10 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:30 pm When I was about 9, after school one day, instead of getting on the bus to go home, I walked with my friend to her house. I think I was gone for about 3 hours, too. When my mom learned where I was, she told me, "Just wait until you get home." All I will say is this: I never did it again.

My daughter was 10 at the time she probably would say the same about never doing that again!
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 10 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:54 pm I think I remember you telling this story a while ago. :lol:

It was about four years ago I told it on the old group. I may have referred to it after that because it was an epic story in my life as a mom.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

Oh! I think I definitely read it then and maybe even when you referenced it on this site. Not going to go into any details about it so that I don't rile up the natives. If I recall, there was one member who was giving you some grief in that post. (No!!!! Not on MC!!!!! That couldn't be! ***sarcasm) :lol:
Linda_Runs wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:04 pm
Anonymous 10 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:54 pm I think I remember you telling this story a while ago. :lol:

It was about four years ago I told it on the old group. I may have referred to it after that because it was an epic story in my life as a mom.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 10 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:29 pm Oh! I think I definitely read it then and maybe even when you referenced it on this site. Not going to go into any details about it so that I don't rile up the natives. If I recall, there was one member who was giving you some grief in that post. (No!!!! Not on MC!!!!! That couldn't be! ***sarcasm) :lol:
Linda_Runs wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:04 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: I probably mentioned what I did to my daughter at the time and offended the Sanctimoms.
Locked Previous topicNext topic