What is the hardest thing your relationship has been through?

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Probably the severe depressions I suffered from years ago.
We’ve also gone through economic hardships.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:31 pm Probably the severe depressions I suffered from years ago.
What helped with your depression?
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

After years of therapy and on and off medication, I went through ECT and that did it. I haven’t had an episode in almost 20 years. After that both DH and I made some changes, we became more religious, which gave us a different outlook in life and I think that has also contributed in preventing the lows that can trigger a depressive episode.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:37 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:31 pm Probably the severe depressions I suffered from years ago.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Thank you. I took a serious hit in the faith department that year.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:21 pm
Anonymous 9 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:53 am In 2008 we lost our first child. A month later my husband nearly died from a burst ulcer. He spent 4 days in ICU and received 2 blood transfusions. 12 years later if he has a stomach bug and starts vomiting I am taken back to that moment in time as clearly as if it were yesterday.
I’m so sorry for the loss of your first child. I am glad your husband recovered.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Long distance. We were 1500 miles apart for the first 6 months of our relationship. That sucked. Then he was a truck driver, and when I moved closer to him, he was still gone all week. I would only see him on the weekends. We got married, and I got pregnant quickly. I hated being alone all of the time. It was hard. Finally he decided to stop driving, and he got a job closer to home. I was really ready to pack up and leave, because I was sick of being home alone all of the time. I didn't have any of my family out here, only his family.

Anonymous 10

Unread post

We nearly divorced about ten years ago due to a combination of dh's inability to set boundaries with other people to the point of neglecting me and the kids, both of us not communicating effectively, and my undiagnosed severe depression. We went to marriage counseling and I began seeing a psychiatrist as well and got help for the depression. We've had some ups and downs since but nothing like that again.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Vegaswife2011 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:49 pm My mental health.
HUGS to you vegas, you are one of my favorite members.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:07 pm After years of therapy and on and off medication, I went through ECT and that did it. I haven’t had an episode in almost 20 years. After that both DH and I made some changes, we became more religious, which gave us a different outlook in life and I think that has also contributed in preventing the lows that can trigger a depressive episode.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:37 pm
Very happy for you. How long have you been married?
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:31 pm His illnesses and death.
I'm so sorry. I totally understand. That was the hardest for me too. Watching your world crumble before your eyes.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Rebeccaraev2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Fighting breast cancer, it’s rough on my marriage and my family overall.
Locked Previous topicNext topic