Cursed eczema

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm just going to blurt this out as I have no one else to complain to -- My eczema is DRIVING ME CRAZY! I want to cry, I have oozing from where I had to wear my mask all week-end and my fingers are raw , cracked & bleeding.

Can anyone commiserate with me?

I had an allergic reaction to jojoba oil which triggered it, and even though I haven't touched it since I realize what happened, the inflammation & my immune system are off to the races & WINNING, it's been 12 days now -- the heat, the masks, the hands sanitizer, and lotions seem to be making it so much worse. Steroid cream, oatmeal masks are doing nothing.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:14 pm I'm just going to blurt this out as I have no one else to complain to -- My eczema is DRIVING ME CRAZY! I want to cry, I have oozing from where I had to wear my mask all week-end and my fingers are raw , cracked & bleeding.

I had an allergic reaction to jojoba oil which triggered it, and even though I haven't touched it since I realize what happened, the inflammation & my immune system are off to the races & WINNING, it's been 12 days now -- the heat, the masks, the hands sanitizer, and lotions seem to be making it so much worse. Steroid cream, oatmeal masks are doing nothing.

Aveeno eczema formula. Tan tube with a light blue cap. I had eczema since childhood. Would have it on two fingers in particular every year even over the summer. Then it would spread across my hand. Prescription stuff stopped working. This stuff? I literally haven't had it come back in several years now. I gave my tube to my sister for my nephew. Had it bad on the back of his neck. Gone in 2 days.

https://www.ulta.com/eczema-therapy-moi ... 9iEALw_wcB
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My first born has had it since he was an infant. He has out grown the heavy outbreaks but currently has a small outbreak in his leg folds (behind knees). Baby Aveno for eczema help him a lot.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Cerave moisturizing cream is what I’ve found to work best for me.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:14 pm I'm just going to blurt this out as I have no one else to complain to -- My eczema is DRIVING ME CRAZY! I want to cry, I have oozing from where I had to wear my mask all week-end and my fingers are raw , cracked & bleeding.

You might need a short course of prednisone. Have you called your doctor?
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:53 pm Cerave moisturizing cream is what I’ve found to work best for me.
I use that all year long. It feels like it is making it worse, but likely just because I have such skin breakdown.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:08 pm

I know, :cry: :cry: :cry: But 'm whiny, I don't want to!! I really was trying to avoid that because I worked this week-end in the hospital, I wanted my the rest of my immune system in tip top shape with our COVID situation. I think I am going to have to succumb though!!
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:39 pm

Aveeno eczema formula. Tan tube with a light blue cap. I had eczema since childhood. Would have it on two fingers in particular every year even over the summer. Then it would spread across my hand. Prescription stuff stopped working. This stuff? I literally haven't had it come back in several years now. I gave my tube to my sister for my nephew. Had it bad on the back of his neck. Gone in 2 days.

https://www.ulta.com/eczema-therapy-moi ... 9iEALw_wcB
Thanks!
Deleted User 670

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:23 pm

I know, :cry: :cry: :cry: But 'm whiny, I don't want to!! I really was trying to avoid that because I worked this week-end in the hospital, I wanted my the rest of my immune system in tip top shape with our COVID situation. I think I am going to have to succumb though!!
You should be taking vitamin D too. 5,000iu minimum. Get your d levels tested when you see your doctor. Optimal is around 70-80ng/ml. Optimal vitamin d levels are crucial for strong immune system, and there are correlations between low vitamin d levels and eczema outbreaks and their severity. Something you can do in addition to vitamin d is the herb neem. It's an immunostimulant. If you have a vitamin shoppe in your area, they carry it. I've been keeping Nature's Way Neem in the house. We take it at any sign of anything viral. The kid is taking a couple caps daily. I don't know if it will keep her from getting sick but she's been dealing with a lot of sinus crap lately with this pollen season.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:41 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:23 pm

You should be taking vitamin D too. 5,000iu minimum. Get your d levels tested when you see your doctor. Optimal is around 70-80ng/ml. Optimal vitamin d levels are crucial for strong immune system, and there are correlations between low vitamin d levels and eczema outbreaks and their severity. Something you can do in addition to vitamin d is the herb neem. It's an immunostimulant. If you have a vitamin shoppe in your area, they carry it. I've been keeping Nature's Way Neem in the house. We take it at any sign of anything viral. The kid is taking a couple caps daily. I don't know if it will keep her from getting sick but she's been dealing with a lot of sinus crap lately with this pollen season.
Valid point about Vitamin D. I used to gobble 2 gummies down a day, but I ran out a couple of months ago, and just never bought more. I have not tried Neem, I will actually consider it if I go on systemic steroids though, ugh, I hate doing that.
Locked Previous topicNext topic