Biden calls for an end to violent riots as it's revealed his campaign donated to a group that pays bail for protesters

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:54 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:21 pm
Thelma Harper wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:22 am

I'd like to know who those people dressed in black are. I wonder if they carry ID.

:idea: I may go through the arrest records from the weekend and try to see who's who.

How can he name it a terrorist organization when it's technically not an organization?
The video was just an example of the type of behavior I’m sick of. Im not so concerned about the girls identity because it won’t really change my won’t change my opinion TBH.

I don’t see Trump naming them as a terrorist group, but I’m not getting worked up about him saying it either. This whole situation is the last straw when it comes to extremists and I’m over the finger pointing over who is most wrong when both are contributing to the problem.

Hope that makes sense ma’m.
It's infuriating to watch this third party, whoever they are, inflaming the agitation and the righteous protesters talking the heat for this - according to some.

I think, at least hope, most people are realizing that none of this is coming from the legitimate protesters and that they're being used as a shield for the anarchy. I've seen several videos of the actual protesters coming upon the anarchists doing crap like spray painting, breaking windows and pulling boards off of buildings. They're giving them hell, telling them they didn't ask them to do any of this and running them off. Terrance Floyd came out and told the anarchists to cut the crap, that George was his blood and THEY don't even want this destruction and violence.

I can't imagine how frustrating this is for the protesters, who have a legitimate issue and need help, to have their message be bastardized and obliterated like this.
The 3rd party agitators are coming from both extreme sides and blaming the other side isn’t going to fix this or help get our voices heard.

50 + years of police brutality, people nothing better to do but fight over which party is more to blame.

I can’t stand Trump but Antifa is no victim either.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:05 pm
Thelma Harper wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:22 am

I'd like to know who those people dressed in black are. I wonder if they carry ID.

:idea: I may go through the arrest records from the weekend and try to see who's who.

How can he name it a terrorist organization when it's technically not an organization?
The video was just an example of the type of behavior I’m sick of. Im not so concerned about the girls identity because it won’t really change my won’t change my opinion TBH.

I don’t see Trump naming them as a terrorist group, but I’m not getting worked up about him saying it either. This whole situation is the last straw when it comes to extremists and I’m over the finger pointing over who is most wrong when both are contributing to the problem.

I'd like to know their motives or reasoning and I'd like to see them arrested regardless of their side. I don't like the idea of anyone agitating an already intense situation for nefarious reasons.

That was more tongue in cheek. He can't, but he sure likes to talk crap to his base who seem to gobble his theatrics up.
I know. Lol! I don’t think he can do it and I don’t like Antifa. So I’m not feeling sorry for either of them.

Idk but obviously it wasn’t to benefit the cause or support Black people. It irks me to no end.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:12 pm

It's infuriating to watch this third party, whoever they are, inflaming the agitation and the righteous protesters talking the heat for this - according to some.

I think, at least hope, most people are realizing that none of this is coming from the legitimate protesters and that they're being used as a shield for the anarchy. I've seen several videos of the actual protesters coming upon the anarchists doing crap like spray painting, breaking windows and pulling boards off of buildings. They're giving them hell, telling them they didn't ask them to do any of this and running them off. Terrance Floyd came out and told the anarchists to cut the crap, that George was his blood and THEY don't even want this destruction and violence.

I can't imagine how frustrating this is for the protesters, who have a legitimate issue and need help, to have their message be bastardized and obliterated like this.
The 3rd party agitators are coming from both extreme sides and blaming the other side isn’t going to fix this or help get our voices heard.

50 + years of police brutality, people nothing better to do but fight over which party is more to blame.

Agreed. This isn't a bi partisan issue. It's a human being issue. That's why I said 3rd party agitators. Whoever it is, wherever this is coming from, should burn for what they're causing.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:37 pm
Lemons wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:42 pm

You actually finger pointed calling these girls part of the left. Most of these petty vandalizers have been random young people who are part of nothing.

So you’re saying no one on the left is guilty of similar behavior?

Is it that hard to hold your party responsible? Or should we only worry about what conservatives do that contribute to the problem?
I’m saying I’m not going to take the word of Trump when he claims the damage is done by Antifa. A group of whom I have no interest in and don’t support. I just am sick of himTweeting something and people taking it as word.

I haven’t seen or read any evidence of conservatives groups or left doing the damage. Until we have evidence and verification I wouldn’t blame any group or party.
hmmm666
Countess
Countess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:44 pm
hmmm666 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:05 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:40 pm

Using this video as a general example.......

We do need to talk about Antifa and far left extremists because this type of behavior has gone on long before these riots started and they are apart of the problem, just as much as Trump.

Idk about naming them a terrorist organization but a lot of the backlash they get is earned.
Why do you assume it’s Antifa?
There’s been video evidence of cops destroying property to blame it on protestors
There’s also been video evidence of conservatives going out and destroying property to further their narrative. And of course there are people who are taking advantage of the situation so they can grab some free stuff. Assuming one group is agitating is asinine and unrealistic.

Probably the most depressing meme about the rioters I’ve seen had a picture of people looting food. It was the typical meme that said ‘this isn’t protesting’ People who loot food and basic necessities arent doing it for fun they are doing it because they have nothing. They are taking advantage of the riot to stock their fridges and cupboards which isn’t something that makes me outraged.
Looting a Louis Vuitton on the other hand is unnecessary might as well keep a look out on posh mark because I’m sure there will be many discounted items over there.
I already said that video is a general example. I DID NOT SAY those were Antifa members.
I’m curious why you pointed out Antifa at all in your comment. Attaching a video to a comment asserting that we need to look closer at Antifa makes it seem like you are accusing those in the video you attached to Antifa.

The far ends of each side could be considered terrorists with everything that they do but it seems like Antifa has been getting most of the heat when there’s no proof that they have been involved. There is video evidence of cops spray painting buildings and destroying their own vehicles, conservatives chasing after protestors with swords, crossbows, or throwing things at them, anarchists who are trying to take down the establishment, and opportunists showing up late to rush into Target and grab what they can but I haven’t seen any proof that Antifa is involved besides the conservative rhetoric and what Trump claims. I was hoping you could give me some proof that Antifa has even been involved.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

hmmm666 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:16 pm
hmmm666 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:05 pm

Why do you assume it’s Antifa?
There’s been video evidence of cops destroying property to blame it on protestors
There’s also been video evidence of conservatives going out and destroying property to further their narrative. And of course there are people who are taking advantage of the situation so they can grab some free stuff. Assuming one group is agitating is asinine and unrealistic.

Probably the most depressing meme about the rioters I’ve seen had a picture of people looting food. It was the typical meme that said ‘this isn’t protesting’ People who loot food and basic necessities arent doing it for fun they are doing it because they have nothing. They are taking advantage of the riot to stock their fridges and cupboards which isn’t something that makes me outraged.
Looting a Louis Vuitton on the other hand is unnecessary might as well keep a look out on posh mark because I’m sure there will be many discounted items over there.
I already said that video is a general example. I DID NOT SAY those were Antifa members.
I’m curious why you pointed out Antifa at all in your comment. Attaching a video to a comment asserting that we need to look closer at Antifa makes it seem like you are accusing those in the video you attached to Antifa.

The far ends of each side could be considered terrorists with everything that they do but it seems like Antifa has been getting most of the heat when there’s no proof that they have been involved. There is video evidence of cops spray painting buildings and destroying their own vehicles, conservatives chasing after protestors with swords, crossbows, or throwing things at them, anarchists who are trying to take down the establishment, and opportunists showing up late to rush into Target and grab what they can but I haven’t seen any proof that Antifa is involved besides the conservative rhetoric and what Trump claims. I was hoping you could give me some proof that Antifa has even been involved.
Look...

I was responding to a comment about Antifa, I already clarified the purpose of the video I posted, I already said that I don’t think Trump can legally name them a terrorist organization and explained why do not feel sorry for Antifa or any other extremist group that has contributed to the problem long before these riots broke out.

I don’t have a problem with you disagreeing with me and
I’m open to talking about it. But you are shit out of luck if you feel the need to question and challenge me about anything I told you more than once I did not say.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:49 pm

You actually finger pointed calling these girls part of the left. Most of these petty vandalizers have been random young people who are part of nothing.

Is it that hard to hold your party responsible? Or should we only worry about what conservatives do that contribute to the problem?
I’m saying I’m not going to take the word of Trump when he claims the damage is done by Antifa. A group of whom I have no interest in and don’t support. I just am sick of himTweeting something and people taking it as word.

I haven’t seen or read any evidence of conservatives groups or left doing the damage. Until we have evidence and verification I wouldn’t blame any group or party.
I understand and I’m pissed off at Trump too but it’s still a conversation that we need to have with elections around the corner and voter turn out is critical.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:46 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:12 pm

Agreed. This isn't a bi partisan issue. It's a human being issue. That's why I said 3rd party agitators. Whoever it is, wherever this is coming from, should burn for what they're causing.
I agree. I consider extremists in their own category and the problems they cause is a bipartisan issue. This won’t get better until we start adamantly condemning the behavior no matter who does it.
hmmm666
Countess
Countess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:37 am
hmmm666 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:16 pm

Look...

I was responding to a comment about Antifa, I already clarified the purpose of the video I posted, I already said that I don’t think Trump can legally name them a terrorist organization and explained why do not feel sorry for Antifa or any other extremist group that has contributed to the problem long before these riots broke out.

I don’t have a problem with you disagreeing with me and
I’m open to talking about it. But you are shit out of luck if you feel the need to question and challenge me about anything I told you more than once I did not say.
If that’s what you meant then fine but when you say
Using this video as a general example.......

We do need to talk about Antifa and far left extremists because this type of behavior has gone on long before these riots started
It looks like you are accusing Antifa of being the ones who are instigating. It makes no sense to say look at this video we need to talk about far left extremists and then claim that you aren’t calling the people in the video far left extremists. I’m trying to figure out what your statement is supposed to represent and I was hoping you had evidence that Antifa is instigating these riots because I can’t figure out why people are blaming them when other groups have been proven instigators.

Opinions are going to be challenged that’s the best part of a forum like this. I’m just trying to figure out what you are saying.
hmmm666
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:49 pm

First link 3 alt right men arrested for terrorism after planning to incite a riot and making Molotov cocktails
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wusa9. ... 7fb87b687d

Conservative protestors attack BLM protestors there’s more about the story in the replies

That’s just a couple instances then you have the guy with the crossbow targeting protestors, the guy with the machete, the multiple trucks that drive through the protests. There’s been a lot of videos out there showing people purposely escalating or starting the riots I can’t seem to find any evidence of Antifa though. Anarchists, conservatives, and opportunists seem to be behind the majority of it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic