How much would you spend on a home that was flooded 3 separate times?

BlueberryMuffin
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

One story, almost 3k square feet
4 bedrooms
2 baths
3 car attatched garage

NOT FINISHED. As in they tore out the Sheetrock and put in new. There are no doors. No bathroom fixtures, no appliances.

I personally know the home flooded in 1994 or 1995
It flooded again in 2001
And flooded once more in 2017

The neighborhood has a creek running right through it.

Sooooo with all that info how much would you pay for it? It’s up for sale for 240,000.......
LoveAll3
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Umm, $0
mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

There might be investor situations in which I would purchase the home, but then again, I do have a conscience.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'd have to get behind the drywall and assess the mold before I even considered purchasing. I'd be afraid after flooding that many times that there would be a mold factory behind there.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
RestingBitchFace13
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

It’s too risky!
Lilysma719
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Zero dollars
BlueberryMuffin
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:40 pm I'd have to get behind the drywall and assess the mold before I even considered purchasing. I'd be afraid after flooding that many times that there would be a mold factory behind there.
I’d bet there is none. I pass by the house literally every day and they pulled out the drywall up to the ceiling (because they got 10 feet or more of water in it) and let it dry out as soon as the water receded and they just put the Sheetrock back up within the past month.....it flooded in August.
mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

JaniceLitman wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:51 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:40 pm I'd have to get behind the drywall and assess the mold before I even considered purchasing. I'd be afraid after flooding that many times that there would be a mold factory behind there.
I’d bet there is none. I pass by the house literally every day and they pulled out the drywall up to the ceiling (because they got 10 feet or more of water in it) and let it dry out as soon as the water receded and they just put the Sheetrock back up within the past month.....it flooded in August.
This is in the Houston area?

If it's flooded three times and there's a creek nearby, it will flood again. And again. And probably again. If you're buying this home to live there, is it worth the constant rebuild?
BlueberryMuffin
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

mrsmacgiver wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:53 pm

If it's flooded three times and there's a creek nearby, it will flood again. And again. And probably again. If you're buying this home to live there, is it worth the constant rebuild?

Yes Houston

I will never buy there. I think it’s F***ing stupid to continue to rebuild that neighborhood. After Allison in 01 the government stepped in and bought 95% of the homes and tore them down and it’s just grass. The few idiots that stayed now are either selling or rebuilding.

I’m dumbfounded anyone would rebuild.
mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

JaniceLitman wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:55 pm
mrsmacgiver wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:53 pm

Yes Houston

I will never buy there. I think it’s F***ing stupid to continue to rebuild that neighborhood. After Allison in 01 the government stepped in and bought 95% of the homes and tore them down and it’s just grass. The few idiots that stayed now are either selling or rebuilding.

I’m dumbfounded anyone would rebuild.
I can't blame the owners for selling. Someone might still buy it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic