Tough choices (yet another COVID post)

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Every other week-end, I work in a hospital & see a few patients with COVID. I use PPE and don't take any special precautions around my family. We've never had any symptoms, yet I know we are at higher risk to be asymptomatic carriers. So, even though states are opening up to allow group gatherings, I feel the family should avoid elderly people.

DH's parents are growing very upset with my decision. My own parents are pretty disappointed as well.

It's stressful & creating uncomfortable feelings.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm sorry that's happening. You don't even want to see them under no hugging or kissing rules? How about a picnic or barbeque so you remain outside?
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:30 am I'm sorry that's happening. You don't even want to see them under no hugging or kissing rules? How about a picnic or barbeque so you remain outside?
I have thought about that. My Italian in-laws hug and kiss like they breath. I do not see them following those rules.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:38 am
Valentina327 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:30 am I'm sorry that's happening. You don't even want to see them under no hugging or kissing rules? How about a picnic or barbeque so you remain outside?
I have thought about that. My Italian in-laws hug and kiss like they breath. I do not see them following those rules.
I know. I was thinking about that. We're a touchy/feely group.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I work with the public so I could come into contact with it though not on the same level as you. I haven't been avoiding my Mom and she's nearly 71. I don't go and hang out or anything, but since she doesn't drive I bring her groceries whenever I go myself if she says she needs things. I do however avoid my sister and DH's aunt as they are both immune compromised. I really miss my sister a lot but I just can't risk it. And I miss taking the kids to DH's aunts and having cookouts too. Our kids love it over there.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:44 am
LiveWhatULove wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:38 am
I know. I was thinking about that. We're a touchy/feely group.
IKR? It is such hard decision.

My parents are more subdued, but still, if they fell ill after seeing us, ugh! But if they died of other causes prior to getting to see growing grandkids, ugh! There is no right answer.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:49 am I work with the public so I could come into contact with it though not on the same level as you. I haven't been avoiding my Mom and she's nearly 71. I don't go and hang out or anything, but since she doesn't drive I bring her groceries whenever I go myself if she says she needs things. I do however avoid my sister and DH's aunt as they are both immune compromised. I really miss my sister a lot but I just can't risk it. And I miss taking the kids to DH's aunts and having cookouts too. Our kids love it over there.
I am sorry, it’s hard on your family too!

My parents have no health problems, but are 78 & 83.

My in-laws are a bit younger, but MIL has hypertension, a risk, and my FIL has cancer, diabetes, hypertension, so yea, he’s really high risk, and the worst about social distancing.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

*shrug* The elderly are dropping like flies from this virus. I wouldn't want them around either in your case.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:31 am
carterscutie85 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:49 am I work with the public so I could come into contact with it though not on the same level as you. I haven't been avoiding my Mom and she's nearly 71. I don't go and hang out or anything, but since she doesn't drive I bring her groceries whenever I go myself if she says she needs things. I do however avoid my sister and DH's aunt as they are both immune compromised. I really miss my sister a lot but I just can't risk it. And I miss taking the kids to DH's aunts and having cookouts too. Our kids love it over there.
I am sorry, it’s hard on your family too!

My parents have no health problems, but are 78 & 83.

My in-laws are a bit younger, but MIL has hypertension, a risk, and my FIL has cancer, diabetes, hypertension, so yea, he’s really high risk, and the worst about social distancing.
I‘m sorry.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

If you only work every other weekend, could you invite them over every other Friday since you would not have seen COVID patients for 12 days at that point?
Locked Previous topicNext topic