I can't stop living my life just because I have Covid 19

Anonymous 1

Unread post

JoJo728 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:29 am I am more moderate in my approach to COVID. Although my trips are limited right now to grocery shopping and pharmacy, I am willing to go out while wearing a mask and washing my hands. I am looking forward to a return to the gym with precautions. I do believe we all have to get back into the world at some point in whatever way that is safe and considerate of others.

That said, OP - you are a selfish idiot. You spread the virus even with a mask by your contact with groceries, with other people, etc. The purpose of the quarantine is to slow the spread of this virus and protect those who are higher risk. So you don't have grocery delivery or laundry at home. I find it difficult to believe that you can't find some friend who is willing to shop for you or pick-up your laundry. I shop for a friend who has asthma. Makes my trips take longer with 2 lists but I am happy to do it to keep her safe. I also know that if the situation were reversed, my friends would do the same for me. Even if you don't have a local friend (which is sad), you could reach out to church or on facebook. Many communities have come together to help those who need it. Stop and think and try to find solutions that are better than you going out.
Washing my hands makes it so I don't spread stuff. If you wash them before and after you go to the store that eliminates the risk of spreading it when I touch stuff. It isn't like it is transferred by skin to skin contact.

I have reached out to the church and they have helped with a small amount of food but I can rely on them for everything. I gave posted on Facebook asking for help also and haven't had anyone offer to help.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

PoplarGrove wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:32 am I really hope you're a troll. If you're not call your local health unit and see if there's programs for someone in your position or call any church (every small town has Churches even if they have literally nothing else) and I'd bet my last dollar a volunteer will go to the store, pick you up food and drop it off on your porch. If you don't have any way to get the money to them (because I know that's going to be the next excuse) if your town is anything like where I live there are many,many people who will buy you the groceries out of their own pockets. If nothing else than to keep you in your F***ing house. While you live in a Rural area the beauty of 2020 is things like facebook. Go on there and ask for help. You'll get it.

Whether this is true or not you might want to seek out some professional help. You are obviously not right in the head.
The local church has helped some but they are helping so many that I can't rely on them for everything. I posted on Facebook also.
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

People like you are the reason why the numbers keep going up.
How selfish that you don’t even care about other people around you that you are infecting.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:00 pm
madfoodie wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:44 am I'm just putting this out there for the people who can't see past their niss:

1) I live in a rural area with no Uber, no curbside, and no grocery delivery
2) we do not have public transportation
3) my husband's work has it set up to where you still get paid while under quarantine.
Feeding 1-2 for 14 days isn't hard to do even with limited food. You don't NEED meat but a bigger pack of chicken breast has at least 6 pieces in it... That's 6 meals. Oatmeal or grits for breakfast and shoot beans and rice for lunch. Pasta goes a long way. There are tons of things one can buy and make. No need to constantly go out. And she says she has to make money as one of her reasons to go out yet also said she is getting paid while on leave 🤷 seems trollish to me
The last pack of chicken has 2 medium pieces and the last pack of ground beef had 10 pz. I got them on different days.

I usually have toast for breakfast because I haven't had any problems finding bread. I can't find lunch meat though. The shelves are mostly bare so no there are not tons of stuff. I haven't even been able to find toilet paper in 2 months now. The amount of cans and boxes are limited. I get as much as I can at one time to make it so I don't have to go out.

I also never listed having to make money as a reason stop trying to make stuff up.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:36 pm
madfoodie wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:44 am I'm just putting this out there for the people who can't see past their niss:

1) I live in a rural area with no Uber, no curbside, and no grocery delivery
2) we do not have public transportation
3) my husband's work has it set up to where you still get paid while under quarantine.
I totally understand but about #3, and the reason I asked if she was still working, because she oddly responded, "I still have to pay my bills" -- which has NOTHING to do with her getting out or staying home, KWIM? so it was just bizarre thing to say in the post.
Actually it does. My electricity does not have online bill pay. I have to physically go and pay it. Same with my rent and gas bill. I can pay my cellphone, and car insurance online and the water bill online though.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

SoFloMom wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:32 pm People like you are the reason why the numbers keep going up.
How selfish that you don’t even care about other people around you that you are infecting.
By wearing a mask I am making it so I'm not infecting others that's the whole point of the N95
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:22 am I'm certainly glad I don't live in Trolltown with you!
Lol, right!
JoJo728
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:26 pm
JoJo728 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:29 am I am more moderate in my approach to COVID. Although my trips are limited right now to grocery shopping and pharmacy, I am willing to go out while wearing a mask and washing my hands. I am looking forward to a return to the gym with precautions. I do believe we all have to get back into the world at some point in whatever way that is safe and considerate of others.

That said, OP - you are a selfish idiot. You spread the virus even with a mask by your contact with groceries, with other people, etc. The purpose of the quarantine is to slow the spread of this virus and protect those who are higher risk. So you don't have grocery delivery or laundry at home. I find it difficult to believe that you can't find some friend who is willing to shop for you or pick-up your laundry. I shop for a friend who has asthma. Makes my trips take longer with 2 lists but I am happy to do it to keep her safe. I also know that if the situation were reversed, my friends would do the same for me. Even if you don't have a local friend (which is sad), you could reach out to church or on facebook. Many communities have come together to help those who need it. Stop and think and try to find solutions that are better than you going out.
Washing my hands makes it so I don't spread stuff. If you wash them before and after you go to the store that eliminates the risk of spreading it when I touch stuff. It isn't like it is transferred by skin to skin contact.

I have reached out to the church and they have helped with a small amount of food but I can rely on them for everything. I gave posted on Facebook asking for help also and haven't had anyone offer to help.
So are you washing your hands before you get in the car? Are you washing your hands before or after you put on your mask? Are you washing your hands after you sneeze or blow your nose (you did say you have allergies)? If you wash your hands before you put the mask on, that is ineffective. You are spreading it by touching the cart, any groceries you pick up then put down. So the cashier is touching your groceries is also exposed. And don't get me started on gloves. Those are useless because they give a false sense of sanitation. I'm all for getting out and being independent. But if I tested positive, you could not drag me out.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

JoJo728 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:48 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:26 pm

So are you washing your hands before you get in the car? Are you washing your hands before or after you put on your mask? Are you washing your hands after you sneeze or blow your nose (you did say you have allergies)? If you wash your hands before you put the mask on, that is ineffective. You are spreading it by touching the cart, any groceries you pick up then put down. So the cashier is touching your groceries is also exposed. And don't get me started on gloves. Those are useless because they give a false sense of sanitation. I'm all for getting out and being independent. But if I tested positive, you could not drag me out.
I take medicine that makes it so I don't have a runny nose or itchy eyes. I haven't had to blow my nose or sneeze in public. I don't have a fever or a cough. I wash my hands with soap and water when I leave the house. I use hand sanitizer the second I get out of the car and then sanitize again once I get a cart. So my hands are thoroughly clean when I'm shopping.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AnnieArk wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:43 am
Pjmm wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:27 am
AnnieArk wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:13 am That's a disgusting thing for you to troll about. Almost 100,000 dead and you think it's funny to troll about going out and about with the virus.
Ikr? There's not enough alcohol in Florida for this. And I thought the concept was to have fourteen days worth of food already. Floridians do it for hurricanes and the northerners do it for storms I'm sure. At least a few days. I also can't believe the number of people who can't ask anyone to drop off food at their door. Am I the only one that bothered to talk to her neighbors and make friends on this entire site or what?

I've been shocked the last few months by how many adults who haven't prepared for an emergency. I always thought of it as being a responsible adult, but evidently many don't share my opinion.

We're friendly with all our neighbors. We've been able to help each other out during this. It's been nice.
A lot of adults have never had to prepare for an emergency. Not every area of even just the US is the same. All my life I've never been without power for more than a few hours. I've never been snowed in for more than half a day. I've never lived in an area where it's feasible that you might be stuck in your home for even one week, let alone two or more.

That level of emergency preparedness is literally a foreign concept to a lot of people depending on where they live.
Locked Previous topicNext topic