Joe Biden expresses regret over 'you ain't black' comments

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
HanSolo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/joe-bi ... o-cavalier
Biden responded: “I tell you if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black,” he said.
Deleted User 1583

Unread post

Now listen Jack you ain't black if you don't vote for me- you're a lying dog faced pony soldier.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

A president that can admit a mistake and apologize > a president who can't and won't. I'm not black so I absolutely will not comment on the appropriateness of his comments or how people feel about them. I'm simply saying I prefer someone who can admit a mistake over a sociopath.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Contrary to Biden's been bragging about how he's been so great for the black community, he just proved he is really a racist.

"The dustup occurred 17 minutes into the former vice president's interview, when a Biden aide tried to end the interview, prompting the host to charge, “You can’t do that to black media.”Biden stressed that his wife had an upcoming engagement, and suggested he would have to go whether dealing with “white media” or “black media.”

After Charlamagne tha God, who is black, then asked Biden to come back on the program again and the former vice president agreed, the host added, “It’s a long way to November. We’ve got more questions.”

Biden responded: “I tell you if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black,” he said."
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 5:21 pm A president that can admit a mistake and apologize > a president who can't and won't. I'm not black so I absolutely will not comment on the appropriateness of his comments or how people feel about them. I'm simply saying I prefer someone who can admit a mistake over a sociopath.
You don't have to be black to find his remark absolutely appalling. So, because his crack doesn't reflect on you as white American, you'll just stay silent.

"Charlamagne tha God responded that "it has nothing to do with Trump. It has to do with the fact that I want something for my community.”

But the "You ain't black" moment reverberated on social media, with the host retweeting a variety of listeners complaining about it. Biden "should never say to a black man 'You aint black' under ANY circumstances," one wrote.

And Sen. Tim Scott of South Carolina -- the only black GOP senator and a supporter of the president -- said "I won’t even dignify that with a response" when asked about Sanders' comment that Biden was joking."
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Katrina Pierson, a senior adviser to the Trump campaign and leader of its Black Voices for Trump group, was one of the first to weigh in.

“White liberal elitists have continuously dictated which black Americans are allowed to come to the table and have a voice,” she said.

---------------

Sen. Tim Scott of South Carolina, the only black Republican in the Senate, noted that 1.3 million black people voted for Trump in the 2016 general election.

“This morning, Joe Biden told every single one of us we ‘ain’t black,’ ” Scott tweeted. “I’d say I’m surprised, but it’s sadly par for the course for Democrats to take the black community for granted and brow beat those that don’t agree.”

-----------
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Biden adviser Symone Sanders, who said the former vice president’s comments were made in “jest,” sparked criticism from writer Roxane Gay.

“He doesn’t get to ‘jest’ like that,” Gay tweeted. “It wasn’t funny. It played into the long standing notion that the black vote is uncritical and guaranteed and the notion that blackness is mutable and defined by whiteness.”

--------------

Biden's comments even drew ire from the likes of rapper Diddy, who said black voters are not guaranteed to turn out on Nov. 3 in support of Biden.

"Aye bruh @JoeBiden I already told you the #BlackVoteAintFree," he tweeted.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 5:34 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 5:21 pm A president that can admit a mistake and apologize > a president who can't and won't. I'm not black so I absolutely will not comment on the appropriateness of his comments or how people feel about them. I'm simply saying I prefer someone who can admit a mistake over a sociopath.
You don't have to be black to find his remark absolutely appalling. So, because his crack doesn't reflect on you as white American, you'll just stay silent.

"Charlamagne tha God responded that "it has nothing to do with Trump. It has to do with the fact that I want something for my community.”

But the "You ain't black" moment reverberated on social media, with the host retweeting a variety of listeners complaining about it. Biden "should never say to a black man 'You aint black' under ANY circumstances," one wrote.

And Sen. Tim Scott of South Carolina -- the only black GOP senator and a supporter of the president -- said "I won’t even dignify that with a response" when asked about Sanders' comment that Biden was joking."
I guess I could clarify. I don't care for his comment. I found it gross. I don't feel I'm in a position to offer more than that. I personally appreciate his acknowledgement that he shouldn't have said it, but again, I'm not in a position to accept that or write it off.

I will say I find conservative outrage about this funny.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It was a completely inappropriate comment but I personally don't feel that it was disqualifying (I understand that other might). I hope that he apologizes profusely and then we move on in the news cycle.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 5:50 pm
Mommamia wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 5:34 pm

I guess I could clarify. I don't care for his comment. I found it gross. I don't feel I'm in a position to offer more than that. I personally appreciate his acknowledgement that he shouldn't have said it, but again, I'm not in a position to accept that or write it off.

I will say I find conservative outrage about this funny.
Unlike liberal Dems, conservatives have a conscience and morals. You all wouldn't know anything about that....
Locked Previous topicNext topic