Ahmaud Arbery killing: man called 911 to report 'black male running' prior to shooting

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

"Audio recordings of two 911 calls have shed further light on the final moments before Ahmaud Arbery was shot dead by two white men while jogging through a neighborhood just outside Brunswick, Georgia.

The full recordings, obtained by the Guardian, come after new video footage showing Arbery’s killing in February was released this week, prompting widespread outrage and raising questions over why no arrests have been made. Transcripts of the 911 calls have been previously reported by local media.

Arbery had gone for a jog in Satilla Shores, near the Georgia coast, on the afternoon of Sunday 23 February. The 25-year-old was known around the neighborhood, and would sometimes wave to residents as he ran. But that day, a series of events unfolded that ended in his killing at the hands of Gregory McMichael, 64, and his 34-year-old son, Travis McMichael.

Lawyers for Arbery’s family have said his death was a “lynching” and requested it be investigated as a hate crime."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... 1588874778
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The father and son involved in this need to be detained. I'm not surprised by the family's reaction.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The two losers gave a story that they were defending themselves and didn't shoot until he "attacked". No charges filed. And then the video comes out. They ambushed him and got out of their truck with shotguns in their hands.

I wonder no arrests has anything to do with the older one, an active part of Trump's base before he deleted social media, working in law enforcement for 30 years.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

They need to fry those two for what they've done. Include everyone else who condoned it by not bringing justice to this when it happened.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I saw the video and I am incredibly sorry that his family had to see that. I’m sick of people like them and Zimmerman using this vigilante bullshit to excuse killing men in cold blood.

They had no business confronting him at all.
EmilyH87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The fact this happened months ago and nothing has been done is appalling.
Dungeon & Dragons Shenanigans:
https://twitch.tv/teambonusaction
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Guess what?? The a-holes were just arrested!!!

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/ahmaud ... SZCOMM3AY/
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

From what I’m reading LE has had this video the entire time. I definitely think there should be some charges filed for this obvious cover up. I wonder if anything will ever come of it.
jas wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 3:59 pm They need to fry those two for what they've done. Include everyone else who condoned it by not bringing justice to this when it happened.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

moviestar wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:33 pm From what I’m reading LE has had this video the entire time. I definitely think there should be some charges filed for this obvious cover up. I wonder if anything will ever come of it.
jas wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 3:59 pm They need to fry those two for what they've done. Include everyone else who condoned it by not bringing justice to this when it happened.
The GBI is now involved and investigating. They were just arrested.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Deleted User 670

Unread post

This is Travon Martin all over again. These forking 'stand your ground' laws need to be tightened up. I hope this man's family gets the justice that Travon's family did not get.
Locked Previous topicNext topic