CDC: Coronavirus mainly spreads through person-to-person contact and 'does not spread easily' on contaminated surfaces

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

:lol:
AZLizardLady wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 1:38 am
Mommamia wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 1:34 am
AZLizardLady wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:09 am Since now I am so accustomed to doing things like wiping down stuff from the stores we've gone to, our pharmacist, to even things we've been ordering online, despite the new CDC ruling, I am still going to keep wiping these things down.

It's a robotic thing for me now.
If that's what you're comfortable doing, then you should continue doing it.
It is a comfort for me/us.

Plus, our youngest Dd is our family's Covid Czar (think...dictator lol ;) ) and would nag us endlessly if we opted not to do this at this time.
:lol:
Deleted User 1583

Since the virus was still alive all over surfaces 3 weeks after people had evacuated the princess cruise, I will keep being super careful and wiping everything down. I don't really trust anything we are told about this virus because it keeps changing. they told us not to wear masks, then to wear masks, we were told it s "just the flu", we were told children are relatively safe and won't die if infected, all of these things were wrong.

better safe than sorry.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

LittleMermaid wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 8:13 pm Since the virus was still alive all over surfaces 3 weeks after people had evacuated the princess cruise, I will keep being super careful and wiping everything down. I don't really trust anything we are told about this virus because it keeps changing. they told us not to wear masks, then to wear masks, we were told it s "just the flu", we were told children are relatively safe and won't die if infected, all of these things were wrong.

better safe than sorry.
Did you know that there's still Spanish flu virus alive in this cemetery on a island in Norway? I just came across something on Instagram where someone posted a bizarre fact that its illegal to bury anyone there. People literally have to go to the mainland to be buried. They closed the cemetery in 1918. It apparently is so cold there that it preserves the virus in those that died. I was completely skeeved out.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Valentina327 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:40 am
LittleMermaid wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 8:13 pm Since the virus was still alive all over surfaces 3 weeks after people had evacuated the princess cruise, I will keep being super careful and wiping everything down. I don't really trust anything we are told about this virus because it keeps changing. they told us not to wear masks, then to wear masks, we were told it s "just the flu", we were told children are relatively safe and won't die if infected, all of these things were wrong.

better safe than sorry.
Did you know that there's still Spanish flu virus alive in this cemetery on a island in Norway? I just came across something on Instagram where someone posted a bizarre fact that its illegal to bury anyone there. People literally have to go to the mainland to be buried. They closed the cemetery in 1918. It apparently is so cold there that it preserves the virus in those that died. I was completely skeeved out.
Wait until the permafrost melts.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Della
Princess
Princess

From 1999 -

"Six unearthed bodies yield clues to 1918 Spanish influenza outbreak; Frozen corpses found in Norwegian Arctic help scientists study virus"

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs-xp ... story.html
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Della
Princess
Princess

better safe than sorry.
That's been going around for a while.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5557653/i ... eak-virus/
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Thelma Harper wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 8:05 am

better safe than sorry.
That's been going around for a while.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5557653/i ... eak-virus/
Yep. That was it! I first came across that a couple of days ago and it makes my inner germophobe cringe.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

WellPreserved wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 8:00 am

better safe than sorry.
Wait until the permafrost melts.
OMG
Can you freaking imagine! I'm horrified at the thought.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Meh. I wipe my kitchen counters constantly, Covid or not. Since it seems “experts” don’t really know much and they change their minds on a daily basis, I prefer to err on the side of caution. It’s just a few minutes to wipe a surface or a package I receive.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Locked Previous topicNext topic