Dh goes out of his way to brag about money and I am over it.

Unread post

He will go out of his way to bring up how much money we make or how much money we have. It makes things awkward and it makes people want to avoid us.

At first it started with him doing simple things like covering everything when we went out to do something. That didnt bother me but then he started waving his gold card around like it was a 3 foot penis that everyone needs and wants to see.

We have lost a lot of friends because of it and honestly I cant blame them. I dont think money should really be talked about in front of friends anyway especially not how my husband does it. We will be having a conversation about something simple and he will turn it into how he has just so much money. Then he tries to buy people off to keep being our friends which makes things even worse.

I have talked to him about it more times than I can remember. He doesnt see the big deal. He says we have worked hard so we should show it off. I always tell him that there is a time and a place to talk about money and that isnt in a random conversation with friends.

We dont have nearly as much money as he makes it out to be. I remember one time he was bragging about buying a private airplane. I dont think we could buy one even if we combined all of our assets and sold everything.

I know this is a "first world" problem and many will just think I am trying to brag myself. That honestly is not my intention. It just sucks to lose out on so many friends because my husband likes to rub money in people's face. It makes me not even want to look at him sometimes.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I don't blame you.

A person's income is not important to me.
I shit glitter
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lol @ flashing a gold card.

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:37 am Lol @ flashing a gold card.
It is so annoying. A gold card isnt even as "cool" as it used to be. I think he likes that thing more than just about anything else.
RedBottoms

Unread post

My friend is married to this guy but it does not lose them friends-it gets them friends and a lot of users honestly. We are their only friends that actually pay for ourselves and don't ask for loans and shit.

But the other friends let him buy them meals and hotel rooms and all kinds of shit and never return the favor.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Make friends with people with a similar lifestyle as you guys. I find it harder being friends with my broke friends and its not because I brag, its because something so simple like going to a nice restaurant with my family, will have them rolling their eyes.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

😂😂
AnnOhn
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Guest wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:39 am
It is so annoying. A gold card isnt even as "cool" as it used to be. I think he likes that thing more than just about anything else.
Thirty years ago a gold card represented a credit level. Twenty five years ago everyone’s card - even if they had poor credit - was gold. A gold card doesn’t mean anything so waving one around .... well, it’s certainly understandable why your dh is chasing people away.

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:44 am Make friends with people with a similar lifestyle as you guys. I find it harder being friends with my broke friends and its not because I brag, its because something so simple like going to a nice restaurant with my family, will have them rolling their eyes.
None of our friends were broke or even poor. They were all middle class. I have tried to make friends with coworkers of DH or myself that make more money but so far they are all stuck up like DH so not really worth it.

Unread post

AnnOhn wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:46 am
Guest wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:39 am
Thirty years ago a gold card represented a credit level. Twenty five years ago everyone’s card - even if they had poor credit - was gold. A gold card doesn’t mean anything so waving one around .... well, it’s certainly understandable why your dh is chasing people away.
I dont know anyone else who has a gold card like ours. It is actually made of 24 carat gold or whatever. Really it is just a waste of money I think. Some of the perks are nice though
Locked Previous topicNext topic