So much drama

Anonymous 1

Unread post

One of the lakes in my area is opening to residents of this county only. They are checking ids at the entrance stations. The crazy thing is one of the lakes has a North shore and a south shore each in a different county. My county decided to open the lake so we can access it through our shore but the other side was remaining closed. Recently that county decided to follow suit and open only to residents in their county.
People are threatening to sue who do not live in these 2 counties. It is a privately owned lake and they are extending the length of season passes for however long they are closed.
Do you think they will win? The lake is following the guidelines set down by the county. Only recreational areas that are setup in a way its easy to check ids are opening at this time.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Sue for what?

I'm not following...
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

KendallsMom wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 2:13 am Sue for what?

I'm not following...
That's what I'm saying too. The people coming in were allowed in. Why would anyone sue? I'd be more concerned about the amount of people allowed in the lake at a given time not where they're from.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 2:03 am One of the lakes in my area is opening to residents of this county only. They are checking ids at the entrance stations. The crazy thing is one of the lakes has a North shore and a south shore each in a different county. My county decided to open the lake so we can access it through our shore but the other side was remaining closed. Recently that county decided to follow suit and open only to residents in their county.
People are threatening to sue who do not live in these 2 counties. It is a privately owned lake and they are extending the length of season passes for however long they are closed.
Do you think they will win? The lake is following the guidelines set down by the county. Only recreational areas that are setup in a way its easy to check ids are opening at this time.
No, they're idiots.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That's a private lake. That's like suing because you won't let them in your house. Ludicrous.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I don't see a lawsuit being a thing here. They are opening up to people that live in those counties. If you don't live there, then you don't get to go play. End of story.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I'm not following...
For not letting them in because they live outside of the county.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 11:21 am

I'm not following...
One of the beaches is doing that. If you're not in that county you can't go. So I do what normal non entitled people do. That is, find a beach somewhere else.
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Unread post

How stupid. People really do try to sue for anything and everything. 🤦‍♀️
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 3:06 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 11:21 am

I'm not following...
One of the beaches is doing that. If you're not in that county you can't go. So I do what normal non entitled people do. That is, find a beach somewhere else.
I agree. The other county that shares this lake also has another one shared with our county. But because the day use area is in their county its only open to their residents. Oh well I'll just go to the one thats open to us.
Locked Previous topicNext topic