Anyone else get this email from Disney plus?

MonkeySeeMonkeyDo
Patreon
Patreon
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:41 am Hover over the reset password button (without clicking it) to see the url. It looks like a scam to me.

You could always reset your password by logging in to your account yourself. Much safer.
Went ahead and clicked the link, brought me to what looks like a legit site...of course I didn’t actually reset my password.

Closed the screen out and then hit the link again and it says it’s now an expired link.

I’m beginning to think it actually is legit....I’m going to log into it myself not through the link and go ahead and reset it. Though there isn’t much they can do, I’m not paying for Disney plus, I got it free through Verizon so there is no payment info in Disney‘s account.
MonkeySeeMonkeyDo
Patreon
Patreon
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:41 am Hover over the reset password button (without clicking it) to see the url. It looks like a scam to me.

You could always reset your password by logging in to your account yourself. Much safer.
Went ahead and clicked the link, brought me to what looks like a legit site...of course I didn’t actually reset my password.

Closed the screen out and then hit the link again and it says it’s now an expired link.

I’m beginning to think it actually is legit....I’m going to log into it myself not through the link and go ahead and reset it. Though there isn’t much they can do, I’m not paying for Disney plus, I got it free through Verizon so there is no payment info in Disney‘s account.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It probably is a scam. But if you are that worried log into your account manually (without using that button) like on the actually site. Then change your password there. DO NOT I repeat DO NOT click on that link.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Scam email.
I get similar emails(a different account). I call the company directly and have them check my account. I also send them the email and they verify it’s not from them and a scam. They advised to never click the link.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Just because they can spell does not mean they aren't scamming you. I don't see the connection there. If your account works fine, ignore the email and do not click the link.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

If you 'view source' on your email you can see where the email originated. If it didn't originate from the disney site, then it's not an official disney email.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Always check the actual email address attached. It will be easy to tell if it is legit or not. I get crap like that all the time from apple, etc and they are always scams. I just delete them. Don't respond..flag it and delete it.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Anonymous 4

Unread post

[quote="Anonymous 1" post_id=709570 time=1586877339]
How are people this F***ing stupid? Its clearly a scam.
[/quote]
Attachments
tenor (17).gif
tenor (17).gif (1.82 MiB) Viewed 4645 times
MonkeySeeMonkeyDo
Patreon
Patreon
Regent
Regent

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:13 pm If you 'view source' on your email you can see where the email originated. If it didn't originate from the disney site, then it's not an official disney email.
[email protected]

This is who sent it.
MonkeySeeMonkeyDo
Patreon
Patreon
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:32 pm Always check the actual email address attached. It will be easy to tell if it is legit or not. I get crap like that all the time from apple, etc and they are always scams. I just delete them. Don't respond..flag it and delete it.
[email protected]

That’s the email it came from.
Locked Previous topicNext topic