I hope a damn mailbox doesn't cause problems

Anonymous 1

Unread post

we just moved. there isn't a mailbox here. I asked the post office and they told me we have to buy a mailbox. so I bought one. I didn't know where to put it up so I asked the post office. they said to put it up across the street. which is directly in front of someone house.

so I'm sitting outside. the lady across the street pulls up and she is staring at the mailbox. then she get out of her car calls someone saying there is a mailbox in our yard. then she walks down to it opens it and ask me if it is our mailbox. I said yes the post office told me to put it up across the street. she walked off saying I ain't liking it. I hope this doesn't cause a problem.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Are all mailboxes on that side of the street?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:03 pm Are all mailboxes on that side of the street?
yes everyone of them . that is why I asked them where to put it because there isn't not one on my side of the street.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I understand that that is the correct place for you to put it and you have the legal right, but I would have given her a ring first to let her know out of respect. If someone just put something up in my yard without just a "hey, we need to put up a mailbox and the post office requires us to do it on your side of the street" I would be peeved. I probably would also ask their preference in color.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

You are a shitty neighbor
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:05 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:03 pm Are all mailboxes on that side of the street?
yes everyone of them . that is why I asked them where to put it because there isn't not one on my side of the street.
If she's been living there for any length of time, she should know that. Did you put the house numbers on it?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:06 pm I understand that that is the correct place for you to put it and you have the legal right, but I would have given her a ring first to let her know out of respect. If someone just put something up in my yard without just a "hey, we need to put up a mailbox and the post office requires us to do it on your side of the street" I would be peeved. I probably would also ask their preference in color.
wheb I got it, I didn't realize it would be in her yard . I realize it once I got home and realize there wasn't any on my side of the street. I just moved here. I dont know her number. I dont even know her name. today is the first time I have even saw her. and all I could find are black ones. and I got a metal post instead a thick wood post so it wouldn't make a big hole.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:09 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:05 pm
If she's been living there for any length of time, she should know that. Did you put the house numbers on it?
yes I did.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:07 pm You are a shitty neighbor
r

The mailbox would have been put on the easement (aka shoulder of the road). The township owns that piece of land, not the homeowner. I don't see how that makes her a shifty neighbour. It's where the mailboxes go.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:07 pm You are a shitty neighbor
why? because I put a mailbox where I was told to put it? I have to receive my mail.
Locked Previous topicNext topic