I found this on fb

RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

20200319_193003.jpg
My heart breaks for my ds. He was also scheduled to take his driver's test soon and that is now off of the table.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Yes, we have a 17 year old in the family and the DMV closed on his birthday, the day he was to take the driving test. Lot's of disconnection and disappointment to go around during this difficult time. We can only hope that these social deprivations are the worse thing we face from this.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:35 pm 20200319_193003.jpg My heart breaks for my ds. He was also scheduled to take his driver's test soon and that is now off of the table.
I have a niece and a nephew that are supposed to graduate this year from HS. We are planning to attend their graduation parties this summer. I really hope they at least still get to graduate and maintain their college plans for the fall. They've worked so hard to get to where they are going. It's got to be tough for them right now when everything is still such a big question mark.
mrsjules79
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

My roommate’s DD is a Sr. It’s been a tough few months. After my roommate’s husband passed Christmas Eve they uprooted their lives from 45 mins away (on a good day taking the toll road). She was still taking her DD to school up there daily so she had some normalcy and could still see her friends. They’ve had to find jobs down here making less money and with the closure of school the poor kid spends most of her time in her room. She still talks to her friend but with her mom’s new work schedule it isn’t feasible to drive all the way up there for her to see her friends just for a few hours. They’ve basically cancelled all Sr activities and Prom is probably cancelled and no word on how they are going to do graduation if they even have one. She’s student class president and got into UT Austin so she’s got a bright future but she’s in a funk understandably.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I saw this too. My niece is a senior and is so upset about everything being cancelled.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Reschedule prom and graduation. It's not that hard.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:29 pm Reschedule prom and graduation. It's not that hard.
But then the ridiculous over reactions would stop. People are facing serious illness, job loss, and who knows what but dances and drivers tests are the worst part of this whole thing.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:29 pm Reschedule prom and graduation. It's not that hard.
They rescheduled our prom. Idk about graduation yet. Look I don't want to shove this too hard into the ground but my father's generation feared polio. A friend of mine saw two classmates sicken from it. There were boys just barely out of high school go to WWII, Korea, or Vietnam. I do feel for high school students. They bear a lot of pressure these days. But missing prom? They'll live. I don't look back on mine with any particular sentimentality I'll grant you that. Still if that's all they miss in this life they'll be doing well.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

The schools will either hold virtual graduation ceremonies or they'll do them at a later date. And as for the prom, if the school doesn't have them at a later date, a bunch of kids will come up with something creative.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

My dad became a Merchant Marine when he was 15. Some of my uncles were shipped off during WWII, Korea, and Vietnam. They'll survive. I'm hoping this pandemic wakes us up from our self-absorbed, gotta have the latest gagets, over-spending society.
Locked Previous topicNext topic