You know the kid is sick when she won’t even eat a doughnut.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My 13 year old has been sick for a week now, Thursday after she had been running a fever since Monday night I took her to the doctor. She saw a nurse practitioner and was diagnosed with the flu, they didn’t do a swab just went off her symptoms and the fact that her ears throat and everything else looked ok. As if this afternoon she was still running a temp of 102.5 and hasn’t eaten anything since Friday except for 2 breadsticks. This morning my husband went out and got doughnuts to try to get her to eat something, she refused. I got her to drink about half of a protein shake so at least it’s something. Looks like we are going back to the doctor tomorrow 😐. The poor kid is miserable and done nothing but sleep for the last week. Also the note we got Thursday says she can return to school Monday and obviously that’s not happening.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would make them actually test her. I took my son in and they said they were sure it was the flu, but I insisted they test just in case. He had strep.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:55 pm I would make them actually test her. I took my son in and they said they were sure it was the flu, but I insisted they test just in case. He had strep.
I will be making she sees her actual doctor tomorrow, I agreed to the NP Thursday because I was pretty sure it was just a virus and really just needed a Dr note for school, plus I was trying to avoid urgent care. They checked her throat and said it didn’t even look red and no swollen lymph nodes so I have no clue what’s up but today she said it started hurting again which isn’t a good sign.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:02 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:55 pm I would make them actually test her. I took my son in and they said they were sure it was the flu, but I insisted they test just in case. He had strep.
I will be making she sees her actual doctor tomorrow, I agreed to the NP Thursday because I was pretty sure it was just a virus and really just needed a Dr note for school, plus I was trying to avoid urgent care. They checked her throat and said it didn’t even look red and no swollen lymph nodes so I have no clue what’s up but today she said it started hurting again which isn’t a good sign.
My son had no swelling, no white spots, none of that. Strep doesn't always present in the same way.
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Get her some pedialyte.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I hope she feels better soon!
Anonymous 1

Unread post

mojogirl wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:15 pm Get her some pedialyte.
She has been drinking, water mostly and I got some Gatorade down her. She drank about half a protein shake, I’m trying mashed potatoes hopefully she will eat a little bit. Her teachers sent some work she can do online but she’s not feeling up to doing it.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:03 pm I hope she feels better soon!
Thanks, my very loving 12 year old told her she probably had the corona virus and then said it’s the kung flu and started singing a song to the tune of Kung fu fighting.

Oddly no one else has gotten sick...
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:32 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:03 pm I hope she feels better soon!
Thanks, my very loving 12 year old told her she probably had the corona virus and then said it’s the kung flu and started singing a song to the tune of Kung fu fighting.

Oddly no one else has gotten sick...
Gotta love siblings.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Ugh. I hate when my DD is sick. It's such a helpless feeling.

I hope she feels better really soon!
Locked Previous topicNext topic