Would you say something?

Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:45 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:38 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:32 pm IMO, a festival is not a good place to donate blood. Generally, when I've donated, I've been asked to wait 15 to 20 minutes before leaving the facility.

I'm so sorry this happened to your SIL and I would definitely report it to the festival organizer. Perhaps they will rethink having blood donation. But performers at a festival shouldn't be held responsible.
We did wait there 15 minutes after donating. Sometimes these things come on later. The performer should be held responsible, they shouldn't touch people and sit on people without knowing if they are okay with it. If my sister was drunk or dehydrated, it still wouldn't make it okay to sit on her.
Was this your first festival?
No
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:44 pm He shouldn't have sat on her even if he thought it was a joke. But you all shouldn't donate blood at the beginning of what is going to be a day of activities. Common sense would say that at least 1 person, most likely more will have a problem with donating & then continuing on in an active, walking around, eventful day. I would call & talk to someone in charge, but I would also take some responsibility for poor planning on your parts. Everyone involved could have made better choices.
My sister was the only one who had an issue. We all have donated before and knew what to expect. There was nothing wrong with our choices.
AngelicUnicorn
Countess
Countess

Unread post

You were at a festival.....

And the guy in a clown suit, was...well....clowning around.
Progress, not perfection.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

No, I wouldn't. Doesn't sound like he meant any harm.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AngelicUnicorn wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:14 pm You were at a festival.....

He wasn't in a clown suit and you don't just sit on people, especially when they are laying with their eyes closed and clearly aren't well.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:21 pm No, I wouldn't. Doesn't sound like he meant any harm.
It doesn't matter what he intended, it isn't okay to just sit on people like that.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I find this hard to believe. The king sat on your ill SIL at the fair? WTH.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:25 pm
Smarties wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:21 pm No, I wouldn't. Doesn't sound like he meant any harm.
It doesn't matter what he intended, it isn't okay to just sit on people like that.

Well sure. But what's the goal here? Get the guy in trouble? To me it doesn't sound like he wished to cause any harm. He made a mistake. Not even a super-egregious mistake for that matter. Seems like he realized after the fact that he made a mistake as well. Your sister is fine. My perspective is, move on. You asked what I would do, well there it is.
AngelicUnicorn
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:25 pm
AngelicUnicorn wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:14 pm You were at a festival.....

He wasn't in a clown suit and you don't just sit on people, especially when they are laying with their eyes closed and clearly aren't well.
I don’t know what a big king costume is. You said you all were at a festival. I equated the costume to a clown suit. Outside a festival, of course, it is wrong to sit on someone laying down. But at a festival, frivolity and foolishness is normal and to be expected. This is what this incident equates to. Best practice for something like this if it should ever happen again, is to return to the blood donation tent. They should have a place for people who feel light headed after donating to rest and drink juice.
AngelicUnicorn
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Vegaswife2011 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:29 pm I find this hard to believe. The king sat on your ill SIL at the fair? WTH.
Seems the king had one to many goblets of ale....and now heads must role due to his drunken foolishness.
Locked Previous topicNext topic