Would you say something?

Anonymous 10

Unread post

That'swhatshesaid wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:32 am
Vegaswife2011 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:29 pm I find this hard to believe. The king sat on your ill SIL at the fair? WTH.
It's always an adventure with Lena. Maybe she should have told the guy that the rule in her family is not to sit on people.
Wouldn't it be cultural misappropriation that a modern day-man, be dressed up jesting like one from the marginalized, ancient court jester culture (whether he sits on people or not)? I think she should bring that up with the even organizers ;)
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:44 pm He shouldn't have sat on her even if he thought it was a joke. But you all shouldn't donate blood at the beginning of what is going to be a day of activities. Common sense would say that at least 1 person, most likely more will have a problem with donating & then continuing on in an active, walking around, eventful day. I would call & talk to someone in charge, but I would also take some responsibility for poor planning on your parts. Everyone involved could have made better choices.
I agree with this... I donate blood on a very regular basis and one of the things they tell you at the end of the donation process is to take it easy for the rest of the day. No strenuous activity, limit exercise, etc... Walking around a festival for hours after donating is not a smart idea even under the best circumstances.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 10 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:31 pm
Vegaswife2011 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:29 pm I find this hard to believe. The king sat on your ill SIL at the fair? WTH.
It's always an adventure with Lena. Maybe she should have told the guy that the rule in her family is not to sit on people.
Wouldn't it be cultural misappropriation that a modern day-man, be dressed up jesting like one from the marginalized, ancient court jester culture (whether he sits on people or not)? I think she should bring that up with the even organizers ;)
Don't give her any ideas lol.
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:48 am
stilltfez wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:39 am
Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:28 am

The thing is he really didn't seem to care. She is an English language learner and couldn't remember what words to say because she was upset.
"NO" is universal. I would chalk it up as lesson learned.
Except no is not universal. No is an English word. No in Japanese is iie, and the guy doesn't know what iie means. She knows how to say no most of the time, but when she's under pressure or is upset, any English she knows goes out the window. The guy didn't really seem to care so I don't think he learned any kind of lesson.
I sense that you want to simmer in your anger so I'll leave you to it... if you toss in a few onions and come carrots you can make a nice anger soup.
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
Anonymous 11

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:28 am

The thing is he really didn't seem to care. She is an English language learner and couldn't remember what words to say because she was upset.
Except no is not universal. No is an English word. No in Japanese is iie, and the guy doesn't know what iie means. She knows how to say no most of the time, but when she's under pressure or is upset, any English she knows goes out the window. The guy didn't really seem to care so I don't think he learned any kind of lesson.
Even if it's not. If someone sat on my sister/mom/friend/kid and they were sick. Even if I didn't speak the same language. A good hard shove while yelling "Get the f**k off of her" in whatever language would have done the trick!!
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

stilltfez wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:04 pm

I sense that you want to simmer in your anger so I'll leave you to it... if you toss in a few onions and come carrots you can make a nice anger soup.
I'm not angry. But, I do know it wasn't right so I support my sister in contacting them to let them know what happened.
Deleted User 1242

Unread post

Absolutely ! Yes, the sooner the better. Don't wait too long.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I'm just saying that I've seen this sort of thing done many times by clowns. It's what they do.

Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:36 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:32 pm Honestly, I could see a person in clown costume doing this. I don't think it's a big deal. And I wouldn't complain about it.

Grandma can't say, "Get off" or "Stop" in english?
Don't sit on people, especially when they are laying with their eyes closed. When she's under pressure, she forgets the words. She's in her 70s and this is her fourth language, I don't blame her.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

After allowing the blood donor to rest for only 15 minutes, whose idea was it to leave her alone with a 70 year old non-english speaking grandma?
Anonymous 12

Unread post

Anonymous 10 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:31 pm

😂😂😂😂😂😂
Locked Previous topicNext topic