Would you say something?

That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Vegaswife2011 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:29 pm I find this hard to believe. The king sat on your ill SIL at the fair? WTH.
It's always an adventure with Lena. Maybe she should have told the guy that the rule in her family is not to sit on people.
Emmasmom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:31 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:25 pm
Smarties wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:21 pm No, I wouldn't. Doesn't sound like he meant any harm.
It doesn't matter what he intended, it isn't okay to just sit on people like that.

Well sure. But what's the goal here? Get the guy in trouble? To me it doesn't sound like he wished to cause any harm. He made a mistake. Not even a super-egregious mistake for that matter. Seems like he realized after the fact that he made a mistake as well. Your sister is fine. My perspective is, move on. You asked what I would do, well there it is.
I agree. I'm the lesson was learned so unless her goal is to get in trouble why not just move on
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I know you don't know how to have fun but-next time give it a try. At a festival most people listen to local music, try different foods from booths, enjoy a stage show, shop, whatever. Giving blood is the most ridiculous thing to do at a festival. Plenty of other places and times to give blood. Can you ever just be normal?
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:41 am
Smarties wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:31 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:25 pm

It doesn't matter what he intended, it isn't okay to just sit on people like that.

Well sure. But what's the goal here? Get the guy in trouble? To me it doesn't sound like he wished to cause any harm. He made a mistake. Not even a super-egregious mistake for that matter. Seems like he realized after the fact that he made a mistake as well. Your sister is fine. My perspective is, move on. You asked what I would do, well there it is.
He needs to be retrained on how to treat people. Yes he should be in trouble for SITTING on someone! 🤦
Retrained?? I highly doubt some local yocal is given any training at all. Just told to put on a silly hat (crown?) and entertain people. And of course, Lena and her family were not entertained AT ALL. Like usual.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:59 am I know you don't know how to have fun but-next time give it a try. At a festival most people listen to local music, try different foods from booths, enjoy a stage show, shop, whatever. Giving blood is the most ridiculous thing to do at a festival. Plenty of other places and times to give blood. Can you ever just be normal?
😂 this response is spot on.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:59 am I know you don't know how to have fun but-next time give it a try. At a festival most people listen to local music, try different foods from booths, enjoy a stage show, shop, whatever. Giving blood is the most ridiculous thing to do at a festival. Plenty of other places and times to give blood. Can you ever just be normal?
Then she wouldn't have a reason to complain and start drama.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Hell yes I'd do and say something! Essentially, he committed assault! I'd have slugged him and called for the cops. Why would you even have to ask if you should have done or said something?!
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I think once it was explained to him, it ended and you are over reacting. I'm also confused as to why your grandmother was unable to reprimand him as it was occurring. I'd let it go.
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'd let it go.

Some of these replies are hysterical.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

I'd let it go. I don't understand your grandmothers reaction tho. My grandmother could barely speak English and that little old lady would have cracked him over the head with her umbrella. Some reactions are universally understood, lol.
Locked Previous topicNext topic