Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:55 pm
Pjmm wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:18 pm
mojogirl wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:12 pm No way in hell would I get myself into that.
Not me either and I've been desperate. Talk to a rental agent or a real estate agent like everyone else is suggesting. Also a banker. You might be able to get help if you're a first time home buyer.
I've been talking to my dh. I'm not paying cash. I'll get a cashier check and I'm not giving her anything without a key and something showing we gave her money so I can turn the power on. But I still have a really bad feeling about this place.
This will be your home. I've had the money pit for a house. So if you have a bad feeling don't do it. Unless you're homeless just don't. Keep looking.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I wouldn’t do it. No way.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Msprekteacher wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:03 pm I’m sorry, I don’t buy it. Again, you explain to the potential land lord EXACTLY what you’ve been dealing with. You show them rental receipts. You offer OTHRR references. We rented a lot when hubby was military and after until
Finally buying a home—so please stop trying so hard!

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:21 pm
Msprekteacher wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:42 pm If you move to this place you are an idiot, sorry.

You have already stayed somewhere you could have gotten out of easily! You should have sent him a certified letter when he first refused to fix the problem. You should have then advised him you were putting the rent $$ into escrow until it was fixed. Then his referral would have been null—though I hardly believe with proof of paid rent, and prior rental history that NO ONE would rent to you. With only your story I don’t believe it.

At any rate, if you continue t refuse to do your due dilligence, in a month you will be back with a sob story about a 42 year old mobile home that is a fire trap at best....

After the references he is giving us the rental companies won't even talk to us other than telling us that they cant rent to us due to the bad reference.
You can believe me or not believe me. I really don't care. I live in a small town and he is very well known because he owns a lot of rental property around here and owns a plumbing business
Rosehawk
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I would NOT hand her cash and let her walk away. Get a receipt no matter how you pay, but I'd also consider paying her with a money order or something so you have a paper trail of where the money is going.
I used to be a people person
Then people ruined it
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:59 pm This is a complete disaster. I can't believe you are even considering this with all of the red flags. Are you the one who was not paying February rent and the landlord is going to shut off your utilities?
Of course it's her.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Don't do it. Not without being able to see if things are working or not. That's fairly old, and there are going to be problems.

As for your landlord, I think you should talk to an attorney about him slandering you guys, to prevent you from moving out. That can't be legal. I would stop giving his name as a reference, and when someone asks why, be honest with them. Tell them he doesn't want you to move, and he's causing problems for you.

Locked Previous topicNext topic