Weight loss question

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I know everyone loses at their own rate, and that I shouldnt look for comparisons. But I did something stupid last night at the gym after I worked out. And now my mind is struggling.

So when I started working out 3 weeks ago, I weighed myself and I was at 167 (Im 5"2 and I know thats big). So I have been really putting in the work at the gym the last 3 weeks. I have gone almost every day, sometimes 2x a day each week. So I decided to go ahead and weigh myself last night. I didn't expect a huge turn around. Im not aure what I was expecting. But when I got on the scale, it said that I had only lost 3 lbs. Well this sucks! Now I'm wondering if I will ever reach my goal.

Is a 3 lb weight loss a little small for the amount of time I have been working out? Btw* I am working out with a trainer, so I am pretty confident I have been working my as off. This was so discouraging 😢
mrsjules79
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Don't focus so much on the number vs. how clothes are fitting you. You are building muscle and replacing fat so you should start to see some results. You are only supposed to lose 1-2 lbs. a week anyways. Make sure you are actually eating enough so your body doesn't go into starvation mode and hold on to the fat. Hang in there!
Anonymous 2

Unread post

weight loss has always been a mind f*ck to me. i have to practically starve myself and then I still barely lose any! It's very messed up! I have been working hard at self acceptance and less about weight loss (although it's frustrating!) I try to eat healthy and I work out. I don't know what else I can really do. I refuse to only eat 1200 or less calories a day now so there has been a weight gain. I just had some type of flu and barely ate anything for a week and I only lost 2 pounds...crazy that I even weighed myself but I was curious. And crazy that only 2 pounds was lost after not eating hardly anything. Weight loss is tricky and I have never figured it out.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

You have to eat the right amount of calories too. When I was dieting I used an app called MyNetDiary. You tell it how much weight you want to lose in X time and it gives you a calorie budget for the day. I lost 15lbs just doing that and not working out. I need to get on it again.
Nvl0707
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Losing weight is about 80% diet. Are you eating better?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

mrsjules79 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:40 pm Don't focus so much on the number vs. how clothes are fitting you. You are building muscle and replacing fat so you should start to see some results. You are only supposed to lose 1-2 lbs. a week anyways. Make sure you are actually eating enough so your body doesn't go into starvation mode and hold on to the fat. Hang in there!
That makes sense. I do admit that I probably dont eat as much as I should. Thanks for the advice!
Anonymous 1

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:42 pm You have to eat the right amount of calories too. When I was dieting I used an app called MyNetDiary. You tell it how much weight you want to lose in X time and it gives you a calorie budget for the day. I lost 15lbs just doing that and not working out. I need to get on it again.
Oh how neat! I think I will try that out. Thanks!
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

For me I could work out constantly but still not lose. Yes I look better and defined but the weight is still there. The only thing that works for me is diet. I have to eat very very little in order to see pounds off the scale. I am currently in a routine of not eating much and have lost 15 pounds in 3 weeks. Good luck and keep at it. Still work out. Don’t get discouraged.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Nvl0707 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:50 pm Losing weight is about 80% diet. Are you eating better?
I have been eating a lot better for the past few years -in terms of whats unhealthy/ junk food-. But I do admit that recently I have been eating one meal a day. So I guess I'm not getting the right amount of calories as the others suggested.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

In order to lose at all. I have to eat low carb and around 1200 calories.
I work out 3 days a week (most weeks)
And it’s been 15 pounds only since September
I’m not super consistent because I get frustrated and eat whatever
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Locked Previous topicNext topic