Camping/fishing/hunting..

Deleted User 670

Unread post

Vegaswife2011 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:04 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:28 am My dad likes to fish. I grew up going to the beach during the summer weekends and he'd always fish. You couldn't pay me enough to go camping. I don't even want to 'glamp'. And I wouldn't date anybody who hunted if I were single.
Glamping is the best 🙂
Nah, I'll take a 4 star hotel with all the amenities overlooking a lovely forest over glamping. No bugs, and room service!
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:13 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:28 am My dad likes to fish. I grew up going to the beach during the summer weekends and he'd always fish. You couldn't pay me enough to go camping. I don't even want to 'glamp'. And I wouldn't date anybody who hunted if I were single.
Glamping is the best 🙂
Nah, I'll take a 4 star hotel with all the amenities overlooking a lovely forest over glamping. No bugs, and room service!
You take your hotel. We’ll take the 5th wheel!
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:21 pm
Frau Holle wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:59 am
LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:37 am

You know, if there are that many, maybe Frau is right, perhaps, there are bucket loads of women that love a man bringing - raw fish home for a fire. It still cracks me up.

I grew up rural though, and never found camo or dead game, attractive even without a dating profile pic, so obviously, I am biased.
I think you might be missing the impact of the moments that lead up to a man bringing home a raw fish to cook.

In order for that to happen, that man had to wake up early and find bait - sometimes they take the kids with them and I still cherish the memories of going out with my grandfather to find bait in the early morning- before most of the woods are awake, when it’s just you and the birds, listening to your grandfather tell you stories about his life, the right way to do things, and the stories of your culture.

Then that man has to go fishing, and teach their children how to fish, sitting in a boat with their kids on a lake, talking about everything from how to cook, to how to handle the awful parts of life with dignity. Or maybe they go with friends and talk about anything from the serious to the funny.

They they come home and cook the fish, which I must say, fresh out of the water fish is so much better tasting than anything in the store. But they they get to have those moments of being in the kitchen with their family cooking and bonding in one of the oldest ways we have.

It’s not just about the fish, Its the lifestyle.

It is the person displaying that this is the kind of lifestyle they choose to live. They’re saying much more about the way they want to spend their time and hold their relationships than what they are going to eat for dinner.
LOL!!

As I said, I grew up rural in mid-west USA. My dad is still a farmer at age 82. We eat venison. We had plenty of fish fries and/or roasted fish dinners with the catch of the day.

AND from my perspective, you are are romanticizing the picture into much more than it is.
I agree that she is romanticizing. At least in a modern day USA context she definitely is. Where she said "fresh out of the water fish is so much better tasting" kind of makes me chuckle. My parents came from a tiny town in mid-west USA where the lake was polluted from the run-off of the surrounding farms. People said that only a fool would eat anything that actually lived in those waters.

I know people who enjoy fishing and hunting. It's a sport for them. A hobby. And a perfectly fine hobby to have. But it is not a way of life for them and I can't imagine any of them posing with a dead animal as their profile pic for a dating site. They would most likely list "fishing" or "hunting" under hobbies in their profile, but no pic of it needed.

And personally if I'm looking for a "man who can provide for himself", I'm looking for a man who can meal prep, shop and cook all on his own. I'm looking for a man who can hold down a steady job and pay his bills on time. I'm looking for a man who can make and keep his own appointments, his own calendar and keep his own affairs in order. Whether he can kill a deer or not is irrelevant.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Glamping is the best 🙂
Oh no, I’m a hotel girl 100%

I probably spend more time inside than most
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Deleted User 876

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:49 pm I am completely turned off by men who have those interests It’s gross and they’d probably want me to go with them and fuuuucccckkk no (I’m single)
Your loss. Such men are far better than the effeminate city boys who have no clue about how the real world works.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I’m a city girl who likes a city boy the world works for me ok how does the real world work?
Diamepphyre wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:09 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:49 pm I am completely turned off by men who have those interests It’s gross and they’d probably want me to go with them and fuuuucccckkk no (I’m single)
Your loss. Such men are far better than the effeminate city boys who have no clue about how the real world works.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Diamepphyre wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:09 pm
That's quite a stupid opinion. Not every male needs to be Grizzly Adams.
Anonymous 16

Unread post

My husband and I both hunt. We use bows not guns. Half the deer we shoot go to fill the food bank freezer. The other half feeds my husband and kids along with the cow we buy each year and 2 pigs plus chickens. There are no trophy pictures, mounted deer or anything like that. For us its food not sport. I couldn't be with a man that didn't know how to hunt.
Anonymous 17

Unread post

I'm not into camping or hunting but I have to take my husband fishing one day. He's nearly 40 and has never been! It's something I enjoyed as a kid/teenager, as a pastime, not a sport. The only thing I remember ever catching is a dead fish. 😂

We'll probably go camping one of these days. We do like the outdoors, but I don't like bugs.
Anonymous 18

Unread post

I doubt they're attracted to you either. Guys like that usually want real women. You can have your effeminate little soy boys. Yuck.
Locked Previous topicNext topic