Camping/fishing/hunting..

mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I grew up with hunters- my father and brother. They also fished. We ate what they brought home. Dh has always loved fishing. The girls and I will go fishing with him, but I can count on one hand how many times we've gone in recent years on one hand...that would be twice. It's not my favorite thing to do, but I'll go and hang out. I normally take a book and read in my chair while he fishes. He does not hunt at all.
Camping? Nope. The girls have never been and want to go. I told them I would do it once. That is IT. I hate camping with a passion so I told them I would do it one time for them and I would never do it again.
It is possible to have different interests than your partner. Dh likes fishing, video games, scuba diving, motorcycles, and more.. Me? I'm happy with a book, going to the theatre, museums, and watching sports. I go fishing on occasion and he indulges me with the theatre which he loathes. We have found what works for us over the past 28 years. You have to find what works for you and if avoiding a man that likes those things is best for you, so be it. ;-)
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Different strokes for different folks.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I totally understand.

I grew up on a farm. I knew at a very young age, I wanted a different lifestyle as an adult. We are not hunters, campers or fisherman, lol.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:01 am My whole family likes camping but only ds enjoys hunting. None of us are big on fishing.
I consider camping staying at the Marriott or Hilton rather than a luxury hotel 😂.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

I'm camping with ds and a group of scouts next month so imagine what you must think of me lol. They needed a chaperone for two deep leadership and actually it sounded cool. And ds wants me to try shooting at the range.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:17 am I don’t need to like everything but that turns me off I can imagine him coming home smelling like fish or woods and I would think he’d like other outdoors activities kayaking boating skiing. All those hellll no things
Smarties wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:12 am I don't feel the need to like everything a potential partner is interested in. If I didn't like one thing, I'm sure there are other things we could do together.
Hopefully your son or dd never goes into scouting or such. Ds came home smelling of campfire. I have a fire pit myself to light and toast marshmallows at.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I dated a guy who enjoyed those activities.. He never asked me to go. I asked him to go fishing since I like that, but he didn’t push his interests.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

no they are past scouting age and they never wanted to I grill outside and a fire pit is fine sometimes
Pjmm wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:36 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:17 am I don’t need to like everything but that turns me off I can imagine him coming home smelling like fish or woods and I would think he’d like other outdoors activities kayaking boating skiing. All those hellll no things
Smarties wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:12 am I don't feel the need to like everything a potential partner is interested in. If I didn't like one thing, I'm sure there are other things we could do together.
Hopefully your son or dd never goes into scouting or such. Ds came home smelling of campfire. I have a fire pit myself to light and toast marshmallows at.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I don’t care if you like it I don’t want to date someone who is into it I’d never do it
Anonymous 7 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:32 am I'm camping with ds and a group of scouts next month so imagine what you must think of me lol. They needed a chaperone for two deep leadership and actually it sounded cool. And ds wants me to try shooting at the range.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Okay, Matilda.🙃
Locked Previous topicNext topic