Camping/fishing/hunting..

Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Not my thing.
On dating sites, there are SO many pictures of men with dead fish
or in camo, like they just went hunting. I am not attracted to that either.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Anonymous 14

Unread post

I love fishing at midnight when the sun is still out. We fish all summer, stock the freezer for winter. I love hunting, and I am a very good shot, and can field dress a caribou. (yep, me and Sarah Palin). I don't care for camping, but sometimes that's just the way it is. On Monday morning I am in a business suit, in court doing my job.

Don't judge the character of a person by whether or not she/he fishes and hunts. You could be missing out on knowing some amazing people.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

im not judging I am not interested in men that do those activities the food would be wasted on me I prefer a man that doesn’t own a gun too I bet some oc then can be nice but we all have preference or deal breakers hunters and outdoorsmen are one of mine
Anonymous 14 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:21 pm I love fishing at midnight when the sun is still out. We fish all summer, stock the freezer for winter. I love hunting, and I am a very good shot, and can field dress a caribou. (yep, me and Sarah Palin). I don't care for camping, but sometimes that's just the way it is. On Monday morning I am in a business suit, in court doing my job.

Don't judge the character of a person by whether or not she/he fishes and hunts. You could be missing out on knowing some amazing people.
Anonymous 14

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:37 pm im not judging I am not interested in men that do those activities the food would be wasted on me I prefer a man that doesn’t own a gun too I bet some oc then can be nice but we all have preference or deal breakers hunters and outdoorsmen are one of mine
Anonymous 14 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:21 pm I love fishing at midnight when the sun is still out. We fish all summer, stock the freezer for winter. I love hunting, and I am a very good shot, and can field dress a caribou. (yep, me and Sarah Palin). I don't care for camping, but sometimes that's just the way it is. On Monday morning I am in a business suit, in court doing my job.

True, to each their own. It is understandable that you would draw the line at romance if it is something you just can't get behind.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:08 pm Not my thing.
On dating sites, there are SO many pictures of men with dead fish
or in camo, like they just went hunting. I am not attracted to that either.
OMGosh, like really? That is too funny, it's like there's a little caveman in 'em left over from 500BC, when bringing a female raw dead fish, was probably a pretty good woo-ing strategy, LMAO.

But I mean, it's 2020, I could not imagine posing with a dead fish for a dating picture, like, what are they thinking??
SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:51 am
SisterSomeone wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:44 am I couldn't respect someone who thinks it's cool to kill animals for sport. I think that it's cruel and disgusting and that you have to be fucked in the head to get off on that. That is very much a matter of principle and worldview for me. Like, either we're on the same page about this or we're fundamentally different people that are unlikely to be interested in each other in the first place.

Camping, whatever, so long as he doesn't expect me to come along. I have no opposition to camping on the grounds of principle, it's just an activity that I happen to profoundly dislike. I plainly do not camp. That's an instant, hands down no, not even a conversation, kind of activity for me. That said, if he wants to go camping without me, I'm good with that. I may not understand why, but that's okay.
What do you think they're doing with the animals after killing them? Leaving them out there to support the local wolves and bear populations? They haul them off to the butcher and bring back the meat. So they hunt for food. They also have to have licenses to hunt and are not permitted to kill more than a certain number. It actually helps to prevent the over population of deer, etc. and prevent the population of predator animals like wolves and bear from growing too large due to less prey being available. So really hunting in beneficial to the wildlife ecosystem.
What they do with it doesn't make a shred of difference. I don't eat meat. I never ate much of it to begin with, and last like 7-8 years I don't eat it at all. If someone showed up at my house with a dead animal he hunted or caught, I would be profoundly not okay with that, and I would not be interested in a relationship with a guy who thought that this was a fun activity.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

fishing and hunting no.. camping hiking yes.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:49 pm I am completely turned off by men who have those interests It’s gross and they’d probably want me to go with them and fuuuucccckkk no (I’m single)
You do you.

I enjoy camping and would happily join him for that. I don't do fishing or hunting but would have no problem if he did. I think it's great for couples to have separate interests and I'd have no problem having my own weekend at home while he went off doing his fishing/hunting.
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'm not a hunter, but I enjoy fishing and camping, though I haven't done either in years. I love being surrounded by nothing but nature. It's my personal happy place.
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Oh I needed those abilities in a man before I would even think about marriage.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Locked Previous topicNext topic