Do you have the Real ID License?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

That's necessary to board an airplane as of October 1, 2020. We all got ours in December, even though I will never get on an airplane.

""The airports warn of chaos with looming Real ID license deadline
The nation's airports are warning of chaos for passengers if the White House doesn't postpone the looming Real ID deadline.
The law requires airline passengers to present a Real ID-compliant driver's license or ID card at Transportation Security Administration checkpoints in airports as of Oct. 1. Those licenses require more proof of identification than regular licenses and are generally marked with a star on the top.
But while states have already issued 95 million Real IDs, that represents just 34 percent of the total, leaving two-thirds of the country with about seven months to get them if they hope to use a license to board a plane.
Without a Real ID, airline passengers will be required to present a passport, military ID or Global Entry card to pass through security, even for domestic flights.

Across the country, motor vehicle offices have been flooded with people trying to upgrade to Real IDs. Everyone is required to present four pieces of identification, including a passport or a birth certificate, a Social Security card or a tax return and two documents that provide proof of residence — a mortgage or a rental receipt and a utility bill"".

https://news.yahoo.com/airports-warn-ch ... 00521.html
Anonymous 2

Unread post

No I'm considering just getting a passport instead.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Nope and I don’t travel so it’s not a big deal. It’s also extremely hard for the older generation to get them. The level of paperwork if divorced or you’re a widow is beyond ridiculous.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

LuckyEightWow wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:09 am Nope and I don’t travel so it’s not a big deal. It’s also extremely hard for the older generation to get them. The level of paperwork if divorced or you’re a widow is beyond ridiculous.
Not really, I just had to show my birth certificate, social security card, electric or gas bill, homeowners insurance and turn in my drivers licence.. It did take longer than renewing a regular license but only because there were so many immigrants in line with no documents or id that were trying to get a license
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Yes I travel a lot
Anonymous 4

Unread post

yes. it was easy to get.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:26 amYes I travel a lot
My adult kids travel a lot also, one is in Uruguay now until Saturday. They keep telling me that I need a passport but I don't fly. I think they want us all to take a trip this summer to Canada but I think I'll only need the real I'd to go there.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

They dont have those where I live. At least in my state.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:03 am That's necessary to board an airplane as of October 1, 2020. We all got ours in December, even though I will never get on an airplane.

""The airports warn of chaos with looming Real ID license deadline
The nation's airports are warning of chaos for passengers if the White House doesn't postpone the looming Real ID deadline.
The law requires airline passengers to present a Real ID-compliant driver's license or ID card at Transportation Security Administration checkpoints in airports as of Oct. 1. Those licenses require more proof of identification than regular licenses and are generally marked with a star on the top.
But while states have already issued 95 million Real IDs, that represents just 34 percent of the total, leaving two-thirds of the country with about seven months to get them if they hope to use a license to board a plane.
Without a Real ID, airline passengers will be required to present a passport, military ID or Global Entry card to pass through security, even for domestic flights.

Across the country, motor vehicle offices have been flooded with people trying to upgrade to Real IDs. Everyone is required to present four pieces of identification, including a passport or a birth certificate, a Social Security card or a tax return and two documents that provide proof of residence — a mortgage or a rental receipt and a utility bill"".

https://news.yahoo.com/airports-warn-ch ... 00521.html
I don't fly. So not too worried about it. When my license expires in 2022 I'll cross that bridge.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yes, I’ve had mine for a few years.