Section 8

Anonymous 6

Unread post

hotspice58 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:21 pm It can work if the owner isn’t a slumlord. That’s where most of the problems with Section 8 housing come from.

There is a police car in front of the section 8 units on the corner of my street at least two nights a week for some issue or other. I'd like to know where you got your statistic because it doesn't match up with my experience.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I know nothing about Section 8 tenants other than horror stories I've heard.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

It could be worse we just found out our stupid governor plans on taking homeless out of the cities and dumping them on us. Like putting up tents and temporary shelters on a piece of land and bussing them in. The really bad part is this property is in the middle of nowhere just some houses out there. No access to any food or anything its 10 miles to the closest small store. Who is going to feed these people?
Sounds like a great solution.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We no longer rent to section 8 unfortunately. I was the one who convinced him to in the first place and it turned ugly. They never wanted to pay their portion. they always claimed to be single and pet free then move their dog and pos men in. They always ruined something intentionally and call section 8 and complain to get the latest upgrades and we had no choice but to replace it or we fail inspection. One tenant literally tried to get a whole new kitchen redone 2 months after moving in. It was extremely hard for us to evict them and then section 8 still paid for them to move and destroy someone else's property. With all that said, we had some of the shittiest non section 8 tenants as well but thankfully right now we lucked out and literally 8 of the rentals are occupied and not one person is behind on rent.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:29 pm I rented to section 8 people twice. the first ones lived in my part of the house when we bought it (it’s a duplex). I could have made them move when I bought the place but I agreed to let them finish out their lease even though I didn’t have to. After they moved out they tried to pull some scam and get me on the hook for their power bill for that entire time because I had used their power running the light in the garage for 2 days while i moved some of my stuff in to store it until they moved out. The second time the people moved in tothe other unit right after it had been renovated. they did so much damage, thousands of dollars worth. it was worse than before i renovated it. brand new carpets ruined, holes in the walls, floors and ceiling, every door broken in some way, brand new microwave and fridge trashed, and just full of filth and piles of mostly broken crap they left behind in every room. Of course the agency wouldn’t do anything but give them more money to move somewhere else. I will never rent to section 8 people again, not worth the risk.
hotspice58 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:21 pm It can work if the owner isn’t a slumlord. That’s where most of the problems with Section 8 housing come from.
I thought she begged to keep renting that unit after you bought it.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:17 am We no longer rent to section 8 unfortunately. I was the one who convinced him to in the first place and it turned ugly. They never wanted to pay their portion. they always claimed to be single and pet free then move their dog and pos men in. They always ruined something intentionally and call section 8 and complain to get the latest upgrades and we had no choice but to replace it or we fail inspection. One tenant literally tried to get a whole new kitchen redone 2 months after moving in. It was extremely hard for us to evict them and then section 8 still paid for them to move and destroy someone else's property. With all that said, we had some of the shittiest non section 8 tenants as well but thankfully right now we lucked out and literally 8 of the rentals are occupied and not one person is behind on rent.
We?
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:00 am
RealisticBeauty wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:17 am We no longer rent to section 8 unfortunately. I was the one who convinced him to in the first place and it turned ugly. They never wanted to pay their portion. they always claimed to be single and pet free then move their dog and pos men in. They always ruined something intentionally and call section 8 and complain to get the latest upgrades and we had no choice but to replace it or we fail inspection. One tenant literally tried to get a whole new kitchen redone 2 months after moving in. It was extremely hard for us to evict them and then section 8 still paid for them to move and destroy someone else's property. With all that said, we had some of the shittiest non section 8 tenants as well but thankfully right now we lucked out and literally 8 of the rentals are occupied and not one person is behind on rent.
We?
I'm still the property manager so yes, we...
Anonymous 8

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:16 am
We?
That's being changed. Get ready because dad isn't standing around waiting on you. The only thing you are entitled to is child support.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

IMO, it's wrong. No one should be able to tell a landlord that he/she must accept Section 8. And I'm sure that if something like this is passed, landlords will find a way to keep out tenants that they don't want.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

I'm pretty sure it has already changed.
Anonymous 8 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:53 am
RealisticBeauty wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:16 am

We?
That's being changed. Get ready because dad isn't standing around waiting on you. The only thing you are entitled to is child support.
Locked Previous topicNext topic