Over dramatic politician wants protesting with guns illegal

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AuntFlo wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:49 pm
Thelma Harper wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:09 pm I support gun ownership. However, I would not carry (if I was even inclined to protesting) while protesting. I think people look ignorant walking around with exposed weapons. I guess it's like some think those wearing pink hats looked ignorant. I just don't see the effectiveness of it.
Was it a good way to protest? Probably not

Was it illegal? No

Should it be? No

He has the right to protest and the right to open carry in that state
It's still stupid IMO. The gun rights activist was as ridiculous as the politician trying to ban some semi-automatics.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:59 pm
Thelma Harper wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:09 pm I support gun ownership. However, I would not carry (if I was even inclined to protesting) while protesting. I think people look ignorant walking around with exposed weapons. I guess it's like some think those wearing pink hats looked ignorant. I just don't see the effectiveness of it.
It's purely for intimidation. I wouldn't compare it to the pink hats but rather to white hoods.
I know it's about intimidation, but to me both are ineffective IMO.
306/232

WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

"Howard posted Levine’s home address to a Facebook event prior to his protest, and read it again in a video he posted to the platform on Saturday.

"I hope you kissed your wife,” Howard said in the video. “I hope you kissed your husband. I hope you kiss your children goodbye before you come and take mine [firearm], because that’s the last time you’d have ever kissed them in your life."

Levine, who got wind of the protest through the Facebook event, called the police. A third protestor decided to sit it out after seeing the police presence, according to Howard."

https://vpm.org/news/articles/10681/gun ... ates-house

Howard seems like a really nice guy.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Kalea wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:28 pm Over dramatic politician would be correct.
You don't believe it's over dramatic to walk around outside someone's house while toting a rifle/shotgun?
306/232

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:53 pm "Howard posted Levine’s home address to a Facebook event prior to his protest, and read it again in a video he posted to the platform on Saturday.

"I hope you kissed your wife,” Howard said in the video. “I hope you kissed your husband. I hope you kiss your children goodbye before you come and take mine [firearm], because that’s the last time you’d have ever kissed them in your life."

Levine, who got wind of the protest through the Facebook event, called the police. A third protestor decided to sit it out after seeing the police presence, according to Howard."

He seems like an asshole to me.
306/232

Deleted User 876

Unread post

AnnieArk wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:19 pm I'm a gun owner who strongly supports the Second Amendment. There's no valid reason for open carry at a protest.
That depends. Was it a protest against the dismantling of our Constitutional rights? Then there's EVERY reason for it.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AuntFlo wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:45 pm
AnnieArk wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:19 pm I'm a gun owner who strongly supports the Second Amendment. There's no valid reason for open carry at a protest.
The fact is he wasn’t doing anything wrong

It was a peaceful protest about guns and that’s how he chose to protest
He actually did something wrong by trying to intimidate the lawmaker by publishing his address for people to come down with their guns. I would certainly feel threatened if someone was staring at my house with a gun in his hand.

And protests have all sorts of rules and regulations. You need a permit, you have to stay away from certain locations, among others. No guns is some common sense this country needs. Imagine antifa and white Supremacists coming together face to face guns out.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:01 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:53 pm "Howard posted Levine’s home address to a Facebook event prior to his protest, and read it again in a video he posted to the platform on Saturday.

She was being sarcastic. He’s a piece of shit obviously.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

People protesting armed to the teeth with assault-style weapons are not patriots, they're nut job terrorists. They scare the bejesus out of me. What in the f**k is wrong protesting with just a sign?
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:23 pm
Thelma Harper wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:01 pm

She was being sarcastic. He’s a piece of shit obviously.
I'm aware, Lemons.
306/232

Locked Previous topicNext topic