Keep your mangy pets at home

MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I hate seeing the dogs in stores that aren't service animals. I won't go out of my way to complain.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I never really see dogs in stores here. When I do they are either legitimate service dogs, service dogs being trained, or small little dogs in a carrier - which is very rarely. I would prefer people leave their dogs/animals at home, but I would rather they bring them in than to leave them in a freezing cold or sweltering car.

My thing is if you are going to be going shopping then leave the animals at home.
CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My dog is a monster. I can't carry him. I would never take him to a store besides a feed store or the lumber yard. I see no need for people to bring their dogs inside all the stores that they do. I wish that there was a good way of stopping it all and making it so only real service dogs were allowed in.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My dog goes with me to Lowes and Home Depot everytime I go, about weekly. If you don't like her, I'll keep her away from you or you can order your stuff online and stay at home.

She doesn't go to other stores where she's not allowed, but I just can't get worked up about seeing someone else with their dog. While it is ridiculous, it affects me zero.

That backpack is silly and won't fit the majority of pets.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

my thought is you're trying to sell those backpacks
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:10 pm my thought is you're trying to sell those backpacks
That is what I thought as well. Being my dog is over 100 lbs it's a tad small for him. He would kind of look like this
dog.jpg
dog.jpg (4.97 KiB) Viewed 112 times
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:43 am My dog would hate that. He does not like kennels, cages, doggy carriers.
Yeah, my cat would think I was torturing her.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:48 am My dog goes with me to Lowes and Home Depot everytime I go, about weekly. If you don't like her, I'll keep her away from you or you can order your stuff online and stay at home.

She doesn't go to other stores where she's not allowed, but I just can't get worked up about seeing someone else with their dog. While it is ridiculous, it affects me zero.

OT, but I saw the best trained/behaved dog at Lowes the other day. It was a Blue Heeler and quietly sat at the end of each aisle while it's owner was shopping. I was so wrapped up looking at the dog that I forgot what I went in there for!
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

lunarprancer wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:20 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:43 am My dog would hate that. He does not like kennels, cages, doggy carriers.
Yeah, my cat would think I was torturing her.
I cant imagine any cat not trying to claw its way out of there. My cat hates the carrier and even more so because the only time I use it is for the vet. And once for an extremely long car trip. She'll sit quietly in a car out of it next to ds. In it she craps and meows mostly continuously.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:26 pm
Smarties wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:48 am My dog goes with me to Lowes and Home Depot everytime I go, about weekly. If you don't like her, I'll keep her away from you or you can order your stuff online and stay at home.

OT, but I saw the best trained/behaved dog at Lowes the other day. It was a Blue Heeler and quietly sat at the end of each aisle while it's owner was shopping. I was so wrapped up looking at the dog that I forgot what I went in there for!

Thats so awesome! Mine is not that well trained by a long shot. She listens, mostly. Never has caused any trouble and loves the attention she gets from all of the other shoppers, and some of the employees have gotten to know her and give her treats. She's a large dog though, so once I did encounter a woman who was afraid of her, and we left the aisle the woman was in so she felt better.

Since you mention it, I have seen some really well trained dogs at Lowes. Maybe that's a thing. DIY homeowners tend to have well trained dogs? Haha. The heeler sounds amazing!
Locked Previous topicNext topic