US intelligence warned House members Russia is working to get Trump re-elected – reports

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:45 pm This is unbelievable. And what’s even more unbelievable is that Trump’s base will have no problem with Trump putting a yes man into a position of power that the guy is not qualified for. They are being diverted to Sanders news where right wing news is telling them that Sanders will take everything they own and give it to immigrants!

Trump’s only concern about Russia interfering in America’s elections is how it affects him personally, not what it does to the safety of our country.
You're reading to much left wing news.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lmao, this isn’t a new global political strategy. For decades countries, including the US, have used various tactics to influence the elections in other countries.

And to be fair, it’s really hard to say how much influence Russia really had in the 2016 election or even towards the 2020 election. More times than not, during the 2016 election campaigning, I heard people debate the lesser of two evils. Very, very few people that I engaged in conversations with strongly supported Hilary or Trump based on their platform positions or who they personally are. More times than not, I heard people say they were voting for who the believed the lesser of two evils would be. That hasn’t changed with this year’s election. Sanders platform is highly appealing to some, Sanders platform is highly troubling to others. Heck, I’m not Republican, I’m not conservative, I don’t support Trump but can’t get on board with Sanders because while his ideology sounds good, I see some serious potential damage.

Now, this doesn’t mean we should just dismiss Russia’s tactics, they’ve been pushing the boundaries for a while now from unauthorized ventures into US airspace to hacking energy companies. They have been throwing rocks at our proverbial electric fence for a while, looking for a weak spot. The lesson I think we need to learn here is to better educate ourselves and think for ourselves, because 2016/2020 aren’t the elections Russia has taken seriously, they are just the rehearsals.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:24 am
Lemons wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:45 pm This is unbelievable. And what’s even more unbelievable is that Trump’s base will have no problem with Trump putting a yes man into a position of power that the guy is not qualified for. They are being diverted to Sanders news where right wing news is telling them that Sanders will take everything they own and give it to immigrants!

Trump’s only concern about Russia interfering in America’s elections is how it affects him personally, not what it does to the safety of our country.
Like the Mueller report? Or news that reports facts? I’ll guess you have read neither. I’ll guess you read news where they claim it’s because “they hate Trump”. The most inexplicable excuse I’ve ever heard.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:58 am
Carpy wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:24 am

Like the Mueller report? Or news that reports facts? I’ll guess you have read neither. I’ll guess you read news where they claim it’s because “they hate Trump”. The most inexplicable excuse I’ve ever heard.
You do realize CNN walked back their report?
Locked Previous topicNext topic