Is the student or the instructor wrong?

Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:34 am I am currently taking online classes towards my degree.

There has been some drama in my class. A huge portion of the grade for the class is for discussion posts. Each week we have a new topic or question to answer. We have to make our own post and then we respond to our peers posts from the previous week.

One of the guys did the discussion post for the wrong week. He posted it on time and did the peer responses. The teacher gave him a 0 for the week because he did not do the appropriate discussion post. The student thinks that the instructor should allow him to redo the post and get points or that he should at least get partial credit for the peer responses.

The instructor said no and said the discussion post must be done before responding to peers which is a rule. The student is thinking about taking it higher up because he feels it is unfair.

I think the student is being pretty ridiculous. It sucks that he did the work and is going to have no credit for it BUT it is his fault that he answered the wrong question. The only reason I even know all of this is because there is a facebook group for the students in the class to be able to talk, ask questions, and talk about problems.

Who do you think is wrong?
The student is wrong and deserves the zero for being an idiot
Anonymous 5

Unread post

If a student doesn't do the assignment by the time it's due, he should earn a "0."

What's with all these college students that seem to have a hard time following instructions and/or reading syllabi? My kid is in her senior year of college and she still has peers calling her and asking her to explain expectations or to ask her when something is due. WTH?!
Deleted User 876

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:34 am I am currently taking online classes towards my degree.

There has been some drama in my class. A huge portion of the grade for the class is for discussion posts. Each week we have a new topic or question to answer. We have to make our own post and then we respond to our peers posts from the previous week.

One of the guys did the discussion post for the wrong week. He posted it on time and did the peer responses. The teacher gave him a 0 for the week because he did not do the appropriate discussion post. The student thinks that the instructor should allow him to redo the post and get points or that he should at least get partial credit for the peer responses.

The instructor said no and said the discussion post must be done before responding to peers which is a rule. The student is thinking about taking it higher up because he feels it is unfair.

I think the student is being pretty ridiculous. It sucks that he did the work and is going to have no credit for it BUT it is his fault that he answered the wrong question. The only reason I even know all of this is because there is a facebook group for the students in the class to be able to talk, ask questions, and talk about problems.

Who do you think is wrong?
The student is wrong. He should have paid more attention to what he was doing. He needs to suck it up and deal with the consequences he earned instead of expecting special treatment.
MonkeySeeMonkeyDo
Patreon
Patreon
Regent
Regent

Unread post

So it’s 2 parts?

Starting a discussion
Responding to others discussions?

So his starting a discussion was wrong.
Was the responses wrong as well? I’d assume they weren’t because he was responding to others who got the correct discussion.

If that’s the case I’d give him partial credit.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

The student did not complete the correct assignment. It is college not 3rd grade, follow instructions next time.
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

the student
Anonymous 7

Unread post

I guess I'm not understanding why he wouldn't get credit for his responses to other people's posts if that part was done correctly.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The student is wrong. He made a mistake, too bad.
Rosehawk
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Team Teacher.

The student failed to follow instructions and now wants special treatment. Guess maybe he should have paid a little more attention to what he was doing.

Piss poor planning you YOUR part does not constitute an emergency on MINE.
I used to be a people person
Then people ruined it
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:55 pm I guess I'm not understanding why he wouldn't get credit for his responses to other people's posts if that part was done correctly.
You have to do your own discussion post before responding to others. You can't just do the responses and get credit.
Locked Previous topicNext topic