Heartbroken to laughter.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

How can someone go from being heartbroken then bounce back to business as usual only hours later?

Do people not know what the difference between being bummed, a little saddened is in comparison to being seriously, honestly heartbroken? It doesn't take a few hours to bounce right back when you're heartbroken..

I'm starting to wonder if people have any feelings at all.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Are you talking about a guy?
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

Some people are capable of compartmentalizing every emotions for every situation they are in. It happens.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I was crushed when I had my miscarriage but I was not able to take time off work. I still had to act normal even though my heart was breaking inside.
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

what makes you think they arent still heartbroken?
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

what makes you think they arent still heartbroken?
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Some people have no choice. They might have to go to work or do other things. Some people literally do not have time for a breakdown.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:24 pm How can someone go from being heartbroken then bounce back to business as usual only hours later?

Do people not know what the difference between being bummed, a little saddened is in comparison to being seriously, honestly heartbroken? It doesn't take a few hours to bounce right back when you're heartbroken..

Not everyone broadcasts their heartbreak at every moment of every day. There were many times I sobbed privately then a few hours later try to put on a brave face in public. Or go from crying to laughing, and back again to crying.

You sure do seem obsessed with other people's feelings at every moment.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:24 pm How can someone go from being heartbroken then bounce back to business as usual only hours later?

That's not necessarily true, everyone deals with emotional pain differently.
For instance, I was devastated when my grandparents passed away but at the wakes, funerals and the restaurant afterwards, I was hysterically laughing when people would tell stories or bring up some of the things they did . I was so upset but I'm not one to wallow in grief. They were dead and nothing was going to change that or bring them back. I chose to celebrate their life, remember and share what great, generous loving people they were. I chose to move on with my life because that's what they would have wanted me to do instead of using their death as an excuse to stop living myself.
I was also terrified that had I chose to give into my grief, my grandmother would do as she promised....... come back and haunt me unmercifully until I die
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Number one even in the midst of sorrow there can be laughter. I saw that when my ex died. There was heartbreak. There was laughter and there was anger. And there were things my sons had to do to help their fathers brother. We had to go through his things and his computer, which was the job of the oldest. I'm sure it hurt but he did it. Number two- if you're the one that keeps posting these questions you worry too much about what others do. It's not good for your digestion or your outlook on life.
Locked Previous topicNext topic