3rd Quarter Conferences - DONE!

Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No child led conferences here but ours are coming up next week.

I don’t even bother going to my middle schoolers bc it’s the wander around find teachers and chat for a minute and she’s on the honor roll. If she was struggling at all I’d go.

I don’t mind going to my other dds (2nd grade) bc she does well in school but I dread going to my DSs (Kindergarten) bc he’s struggling and the teacher is very nit-picky.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I have one child that finds school challenging too. BUT, I think he is finally starting to find his way a bit, so I am not quite as paranoid when I am contacted. But your getting there, right? How old is you YDS now?
Pjmm wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:19 pm I hate conference time. It's never good news. Yds has always been a so so student so every time the school calls my stomach hurts. I either worry he's failing again or there's a school shooting. And I'm guaranteed once a month my stomach will hurt. They always call to announce the red code drill.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:14 pm We don't have winter conferences because that's the end of the year.
Do you still have 2 sets of conferences per year on your guy's schedule?
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Gorilla_Mama wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:26 pm No child led conferences here but ours are coming up next week.

I don’t even bother going to my middle schoolers bc it’s the wander around find teachers and chat for a minute and she’s on the honor roll. If she was struggling at all I’d go.

I don’t mind going to my other dds (2nd grade) bc she does well in school but I dread going to my DSs (Kindergarten) bc he’s struggling and the teacher is very nit-picky.
I like non-child led conferences better, as I feel the teachers cannot speak as bluntly about the challenges for the children, but I understand the reasoning behind them all the same. May the parenting force be with you. I have one that has struggled for 5 years years now, I know the dread, lol. But it was a good day, I hope yours go well too!
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

We don't do conferences until Spring now and I will only go to my Elementary school kids. Unless there is a problem they don't offer them for Middle or High School.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:30 pm I have one child that finds school challenging too. BUT, I think he is finally starting to find his way a bit, so I am not quite as paranoid when I am contacted. But your getting there, right? How old is you YDS now?
Pjmm wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:19 pm I hate conference time. It's never good news. Yds has always been a so so student so every time the school calls my stomach hurts. I either worry he's failing again or there's a school shooting. And I'm guaranteed once a month my stomach will hurt. They always call to announce the red code drill.
He's 16. I love the kid but by God when they call his name for the diploma I think I'm going to dance right in the bleachers. He's one of those "he can do the work but wants to slide by" types. He's got adhd and speech apraxia but the medication exacerbates his anxiety. So we're doing counseling. And he has an IEP. So yeah we're getting there. It could be worse. I know sn kids that dropped out altogether so at least he's going on. I've saved his report cards and someday I hope to be the grandma that says what your father complained you got a C? Kid have I got some stories to tell....
Anonymous 5

Unread post

We have parent/teacher conferences at the end of each quarter. The homeroom teacher sends a paper home with the kids name on it. The parent picks which day and either the afternoon or night time slot. The teacher sends back the paper with the time for the first meeting.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:41 pm We have parent/teacher conferences at the end of each quarter. The homeroom teacher sends a paper home with the kids name on it. The parent picks which day and either the afternoon or night time slot. The teacher sends back the paper with the time for the first meeting.
Holy moly, that’s 4 conferences! That’s time consuming for sure!
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:31 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:30 pm I have one child that finds school challenging too. BUT, I think he is finally starting to find his way a bit, so I am not quite as paranoid when I am contacted. But your getting there, right? How old is you YDS now?
He's 16. I love the kid but by God when they call his name for the diploma I think I'm going to dance right in the bleachers. He's one of those "he can do the work but wants to slide by" types. He's got adhd and speech apraxia but the medication exacerbates his anxiety. So we're doing counseling. And he has an IEP. So yeah we're getting there. It could be worse. I know sn kids that dropped out altogether so at least he's going on. I've saved his report cards and someday I hope to be the grandma that says what your father complained you got a C? Kid have I got some stories to tell....
The struggle is real. I remember the realization that my DS did indeed, actually take the standardized test and did his best, but just scored in the 0th percentile, and i was like “holy shit, I didn’t know it was possible to be that low, like worse than all other peers in all other schools, with all other teachers and parents.” Oh. My. Gosh. That’s sort of impressive.

I kid you not, I secretly framed that bitch of a score. It’s my motivational reminder, “ok, fate, gods or whatever powers that be. You want to f* with my perfect world...challenge accepted, bitches, we can only go up!” And so we have, but, yea, it’s not been an easy climb!
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:31 pm
And you are almost there! Be proud. And dancing at graduation is a must when you get there, lol!
Locked Previous topicNext topic