3rd Quarter Conferences - DONE!

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I feel like our teachers are required to communicate so frequently with paresnts via email & now the SeeSaw app, that we are constantly connected!

I actually feel a little bad for them to always have that on their to-do list with everything else they do, but they don't seem to mind.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:38 pm You DID have a productive day!

My kids are grown now. No more conferences for me. I never looked forward to them when my kids were young. But once there, I was always grateful for the information I gleaned from them. Some were more productive than others. But I always felt that they were a great way for me to stay connected to the teachers. Staying connected to the teachers = easier resolution to problems when/if they occur in the future.
LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:20 pm Finished in 1 hour and 15 minutes, 2 schools, 3 kids, HOW ABOUT THAT for a PRODUCTIVE DAY?

Tell me about your kids' conferences! Have you guys had winter conferences? Are they coming up? Were they enlightening? Do you like conference time? Dread conference time? Are they child guided, do you like that?

Honestly, formal conferences are not my favorite thing to do, but they are better than it used to be! The kindergarten and the 4th grader led their own conferences this time. The 6th grade conferences are all in the gym, where you wander around and find all 7 of the teachers and talked to them for about 5 minutes a piece.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

This SeeSaw app and all the other new fangled ways that the teachers can (and are often required to) use to communicate with parents, I'm sure, has pros and cons. TBH, when my kids were in school, I often wondered how the teachers ever found the time to do all that was required of them in a day. As you said, I don't know how they do it. And that's why I always went out of my way to show appreciation to them. I could never do their job.

Glad your conferences are done. Go grab a nice glass of red wine and chill for the night! :)
LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:54 pm I feel like our teachers are required to communicate so frequently with paresnts via email & now the SeeSaw app, that we are constantly connected!

I actually feel a little bad for them to always have that on their to-do list with everything else they do, but they don't seem to mind.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:38 pm You DID have a productive day!

My kids are grown now. No more conferences for me. I never looked forward to them when my kids were young. But once there, I was always grateful for the information I gleaned from them. Some were more productive than others. But I always felt that they were a great way for me to stay connected to the teachers. Staying connected to the teachers = easier resolution to problems when/if they occur in the future.
LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:20 pm Finished in 1 hour and 15 minutes, 2 schools, 3 kids, HOW ABOUT THAT for a PRODUCTIVE DAY?

Tell me about your kids' conferences! Have you guys had winter conferences? Are they coming up? Were they enlightening? Do you like conference time? Dread conference time? Are they child guided, do you like that?

Honestly, formal conferences are not my favorite thing to do, but they are better than it used to be! The kindergarten and the 4th grader led their own conferences this time. The 6th grade conferences are all in the gym, where you wander around and find all 7 of the teachers and talked to them for about 5 minutes a piece.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

No, my parent/teacher conferences days are over. And when I did have to go, it was all the same; "Your daughter is doing very well; she's a joy to teach; I wish I had more kids like her in my class." Always nice to hear nice things about your kid but a waste of time too.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

We don't have winter conferences because that's the end of the year.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:52 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:42 pm We have conferences a few times a yr. A conference is mandatory if your child is having problems. My kid is on the advanced track, making A’s I’m not required to attend but I do. My husband and I both go. I like to know what’s going on, be involved..
My oldest is similar to you DD; my younger two are perhaps a little more unpredictable.

I am always in awe at home many couples go, my DH just won't attend, LOL.
My husband has always attended anything to do with school. He is very involved in her education and school projects. She did a math problem for the science fair and to listen to them talk about it was amazing. I'm no dummy but they just go to another level.. He's an MIT alum..
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I hate conference time. It's never good news. Yds has always been a so so student so every time the school calls my stomach hurts. I either worry he's failing again or there's a school shooting. And I'm guaranteed once a month my stomach will hurt. They always call to announce the red code drill.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:17 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:52 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:42 pm We have conferences a few times a yr. A conference is mandatory if your child is having problems. My kid is on the advanced track, making A’s I’m not required to attend but I do. My husband and I both go. I like to know what’s going on, be involved..
My oldest is similar to you DD; my younger two are perhaps a little more unpredictable.

I am always in awe at home many couples go, my DH just won't attend, LOL.
My husband has always attended anything to do with school. He is very involved in her education and school projects. She did a math problem for the science fair and to listen to them talk about it was amazing. I'm no dummy but they just go to another level.. He's an MIT alum..
That's awesome for both of them!
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I lectured myself last night about getting the kids back on track does that count?
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:09 pm No, my parent/teacher conferences days are over. And when I did have to go, it was all the same; "Your daughter is doing very well; she's a joy to teach; I wish I had more kids like her in my class." Always nice to hear nice things about your kid but a waste of time too.
I totally get this with my ODS, it's a weird dichotomy of feelings afterwards; grateful yet annoyed too, lol.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:24 pm I lectured myself last night about getting the kids back on track does that count?
yes, yes I think that does count... :lol:
Locked Previous topicNext topic