Do you want help with

Anonymous 1

the dinner dishes if someone doesn't rinse the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher? My MIL was trying to help with the dishes but she did not rinse any of them. I mean, pretty big chunks of meat and mashed potatoes and stuff left on the plates. I was surprised by this! I ended up taking over when I noticed she wasn't rinsing them but I didn't take the ones that she didn't rinse out of the dishwasher....I just did a heavy wash on the dishwasher. What would you have done?
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

The same as you. I always rinse them first as well.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Honestly I just scrape them. I only rinse if there's stuck on food. Because if I have to rinse I might as well hand wash the damned things.
Anonymous 2

I would tell her to go sit down, kick your feet up, and relax
Anonymous 1

Yeah I said oh you don't need to do that but she kept doing it. Nice of her, but I didn't understand not rinsing the dishes at least some first.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:32 am I would tell her to go sit down, kick your feet up, and relax
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Pjmm wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:15 am Honestly I just scrape them. I only rinse if there's stuck on food. Because if I have to rinse I might as well hand wash the damned things.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Was this her house or yours? If it was hers, I'd let her do what she wants with her dishwasher. If it's mine, I use my words, "thanks so much for your help! I just need to rinse those off a bit more, this dishwasher get clogged up so easily so we can't leave any food on."
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Explain you don't have one of those fancy dishwashers with a garbage disposal built in. Unless she's senile, she'll understand.
Anonymous 1

It was my house. I like your approach with what to say.
Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:50 am Was this her house or yours? If it was hers, I'd let her do what she wants with her dishwasher. If it's mine, I use my words, "thanks so much for your help! I just need to rinse those off a bit more, this dishwasher get clogged up so easily so we can't leave any food on."
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

My sister has an awesome dishwasher - she doesn't need to rinse. She just scrapes and puts stuff in. I've got a cheap one. I have to rinse. Just tell her your dishwasher sucks and you need to rinse things off first. No big deal.
Locked Previous topicNext topic