Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:02 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:50 pm
Dylexsmommy wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:25 pm

I've never had his IQ checked but I think im going to have to insist.
If they truly did a full work-up for learning disabilities & psychological needs, to see if he qualified for an IEP, they should have done some type of intelligence testing during that time.

They did with both of my boys, one's high & one's low.

Maybe they just screen him, and if they did I personally, would demand a full evaluation if there were concerns from you OR the teachers, does that make sense?
They did with my ODS. The school hasn't given me the full assessment on YDs yet, even though I've asked a couple times.
I guess I'll demand it from the principal tomorrow.
If you truly want him evaluated, get it in writing now; Send t he following email as an attachment tonight.

Date,
Name of the VP you are meeting with, school,
Dear VP,

I, Dylex, mom to DS, am writing regarding concerns in school.

We are having an urgent meeting on 1/22/20, due to behaviors, which the school has identified as possible concerns for ADHD. Also summarize any other communication & previous screenings.

I am requesting information on how to request a referral for evaluation for special education services.

I look forward to hearing how this process works tomorrow in our meeting so I can initiate such a referral.

Respectfully,
Deleted User 172

Unread post

stilltfez wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:12 pm
Dylexsmommy wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:41 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:37 pm So the school is having problems with your kid & has demanded that you come for a meeting & you are pissed because you dont feel a meeting about your kid is a reason to emergency change your day tomorrow?
I've done this several times this year. My kid is a rambunctious child. He gets into trouble but has been doing great lately.
He's been assessed by their own licensed therapist and his ped and no ADHD.
I'd be glad to go in and sit down if they had given me more notice. I even told them I can come in sometime next week. But no, demanded I come in tomorrow for a mandatory meeting.
what happened today that made this imperative?
No clue. I texted his teacher to find out but nothing yet. (Its dismissal time). Idk I'm just really irritated that they demanded i come in. I've always been happy to work with them when they give me notice.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

So you say he's doing great in school but the principal is calling you wanting evaluations and a meeting tomorrow morning? Doesn't sound like hes doing very good to me.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

If the assistant principal is calling you then your little precious has behavior problems. It makes sense you decide to be mad at the school instead of trying to help your kids.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:12 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:05 pm
Dylexsmommy wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:03 pm

Hahahahahah.
You really have a F***ing screw loose.
I'm not the one pissing and moaning because the school wants my child tested for ADHD because he doesn't know when the f**k to sit down and shut up and keeps disrupting class.
Well whatever the kid's problem is they can't demand he be tested for adhd. It would have to be a serious problem for me to rush to a meeting- fighting, biting, serious threats. I've done IEP meetings by conference call so Idk why this can't be done in similar fashion. I've gotten yds tested on my own for adhd. The only time the school tests is for his IEP reassessment. Then they evaluate his speech. I'm not sure adhd is a diagnosis that requires an IEP. What the school should do is say to OP the boy has behavioral issues. We need to address this with you.
It sounds as if the school has and the OP dismisses them as "I have a rambunctious child" so now they have to get creative and go with "we want him tested for ADHD, ODD, etc. In short the school is trying to to address the behavior issues this kid has that are clearly a lack of her parenting skills and she keeps dismissing and unfortunately they can't come right out and say you're not adequately parenting your kid and because of that he's acting like a little brat in school. What they can do is seek evaluation for things like ADHD.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:30 pm That bitch has never spoken to me once. Instead they're demanding that he be seen to get him diagnosed with ADHD.
Today the assistant principal called to demand i come in for a meeting tomorrow morning.
I told him no, i can't just drop everything and show up. I have a job and my son doesn't have ADHD.
He told me its mandatory.
I told him its unprofessional to demand a mandatory meeting with less than 24 hours notice.

Ugh. I'm so irritated with this shit. He's been doing great at school.
I'd have told the assistant principal that I wouldn't doing anything until he told me what it was about. And I'd want specific and detailed information. And as far as his mandatory crap, he can take that and shove it. I'm assuming this is public school?
Anonymous 3

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:07 pm Have you had him tested to see if the work is too easy for him? Sometimes kids act up out of boredom when the work is too easy. Also losing pencils and getting a bad mark for that wouldn't fly with me. Kids his age aren't exactly the most responsible.
You said that the school had your son evaluated for ADHD, ASD, etc. It sounds as if they did a full psycho-educational assessment which would have included evaluating your son's cognitive skills. Check the assessment as see if there is an cognitive/IQ assessment such as Wechsler. It might be labelled WSPPI for your son if he was under 6 at the time of the assessment. Woodcock-Johnson is another cognitive test that is often used. Read through the assessment you already have. Your son's cognitive abilities/IQ should be in there.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:23 pm
carterscutie85 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:07 pm Have you had him tested to see if the work is too easy for him? Sometimes kids act up out of boredom when the work is too easy. Also losing pencils and getting a bad mark for that wouldn't fly with me. Kids his age aren't exactly the most responsible.
You said that the school had your son evaluated for ADHD, ASD, etc. It sounds as if they did a full psycho-educational assessment which would have included evaluating your son's cognitive skills. Check the assessment as see if there is an cognitive/IQ assessment such as Wechsler. It might be labelled WSPPI for your son if he was under 6 at the time of the assessment. Woodcock-Johnson is another cognitive test that is often used. Read through the assessment you already have. Your son's cognitive abilities/IQ should be in there.
They've never given me the full assessment. Ive asked several times. They give me a print out of the abridged version.

With my ODS they give me like 30 or so pages with notes about every single time they've talked to him, their impressions, etc. With that i went to my ped and got his asperger's DX.

I'll have to get the therapists info and ask her directly.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

You say he already HAS been tested by your pedi AND the school therapist and he does not have ADHD. What did they say today when you told them um hello he already has been tested??
Deleted User 172

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:23 pm
Dylexsmommy wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:30 pm That bitch has never spoken to me once. Instead they're demanding that he be seen to get him diagnosed with ADHD.
Today the assistant principal called to demand i come in for a meeting tomorrow morning.
I told him no, i can't just drop everything and show up. I have a job and my son doesn't have ADHD.
He told me its mandatory.
I told him its unprofessional to demand a mandatory meeting with less than 24 hours notice.

Ugh. I'm so irritated with this shit. He's been doing great at school.
I'd have told the assistant principal that I wouldn't doing anything until he told me what it was about. And I'd want specific and detailed information. And as far as his mandatory crap, he can take that and shove it. I'm assuming this is public school?
Yes public school.
I've happily met with them several times. Last week i took YDS for a meeting with a therapist at the school. I have no issues whatsoever working with the school. But demanding a mandatory meeting like that just irritated the crap out of me.

His teacher won't text me back now and tell me what the issue was today.

Its stuff like this that irritates me. I can't do anything unless i know about it and they never tell me.
Locked Previous topicNext topic