Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I use Turbo Tax.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We do our own, or should I say my husband does. We just filed ver the weekend and if all goes well they will be accepted when tax acceptance opens on the 22nd
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I use TurboTax. We used to have a tax lady who was awesome but she passed away.
Catdaughter20
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Msprekteacher wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:21 pm We do our own, or should I say my husband does. We just filed ver the weekend and if all goes well they will be accepted when tax acceptance opens on the 22nd
The 22nd, I heard they opened on the 27th.
YoYiggy
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I go to H&R Block.

I'm STILL waiting to get my W2s though. I feel like we had already gotten them by this time last year.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

You may be right. I was only half listening when my husband told me they were done :)

Catdaughter20 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:26 pm
Msprekteacher wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:21 pm We do our own, or should I say my husband does. We just filed ver the weekend and if all goes well they will be accepted when tax acceptance opens on the 22nd
The 22nd, I heard they opened on the 27th.
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

I do my own.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:05 pm I work for a CPA who does taxes for people so since working here I have had him do mine. I mean, why not?
Before I worked here I used Turbo Tax for years.

I gotta tell you though, contrary to responses so far saying it's really not that hard, I am amazed every year at the simple aspects of taxes that our clients cannot seem to grasp. I don't expect them to understand everything. That's why they use a CPA, right? But there are basics that it seems to me everyone should understand about their own taxes. But a number of people just don't get it.

I love my lady, she always explains everything to us and since it’s her entire career to know tax/financial stuff she’s able to find deductions we might miss. She also keeps a chart of everything so we get to see how things like our income, investments and deductions have changed over the years. We are losing kid deductions like crazy, dang kids need to stop growing up.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:47 pm We have a CPA that we have used for about 15 years now.
Same but more like 25 years with this same person.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I use a CPA. My taxes have been funky for awhile because of hubby's passing, his 401 K, etc.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Locked Previous topicNext topic