What happened to the sweet kid?

ugggghhhh

Unread post

I have 15-year-old boy/girl twins. The boy has been a raging butt head the last few months. He does whatever he can to piss off his sister. I've had to get onto him more than one for rude comments. He acts the same way towards his younger siblings with the exception of the youngest. DH has gotten onto him and taken away privileges. Sometimes he tries to act like a parent and lecture his sister on random crap. (Like she hates cooked carrots...I always leave some raw for her. He got onto her for not eating them cooked)
She is so mad at him right now because he has been up her ass. She told him off yesterday and now he is acting all butt hurt. He used to be so sweet. Is it a teen boy thing? Will he outgrow it?

Unread post

Puberty
mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Well, my daughter has been that way since her brother was born. I keep thinking maybe I'm in an alternate reality and she'll suddenly start being sweet to her brother when she becomes a teenager. Fat chance.
ugggghhhh

Unread post

Guest wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:58 amPuberty
That's been going on since he was 12. This is new behavior. The twins used to be thick as thieves....now dd doesn't even want to be around him. He can't leave anything be...he has to "win" every argument.
Reedusstalker

Unread post

Its an age thing. My 14 yr old tries to parent her 12 yr old brother. I bust her ass everytime.
ugggghhhh

Unread post

Reedusstalker wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:00 am Its an age thing. My 14 yr old tries to parent her 12 yr old brother. I bust her ass everytime.
I do the same. Every single time. Then he pouts and says he is trying to help. I DON'T NEED HELP. Seriously...keeping out raw carrots is not a big deal.
Reedusstalker

Unread post

ugggghhhh wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:01 am
Reedusstalker wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:00 am Its an age thing. My 14 yr old tries to parent her 12 yr old brother. I bust her ass everytime.
I do the same. Every single time. Then he pouts and says he is trying to help. I DON'T NEED HELP. Seriously...keeping out raw carrots is not a big deal.
Yeah. I let my boy rip into her the other day, as in i didnt step in when he yelled at her and put her in her place. It was in front of her friends. She gave me this upset look and i said maybe now youll keep your mouth shut and stop parenting him.
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

They'll outgrow it. My brother and I hated each other for like 18 years, lol. Now we're best friends. He even lived with me at one point. It will be okay.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

My daughter has always been bossy. She's an only kid though. She bosses the dog and the cats around, lol.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Puberty is like a rollercoaster ride through hell. It does get better though. My 18 year old is finally coming back to sorta normal.
Locked Previous topicNext topic