When is my terrible luck with men going to end

Oliviasmom72
Duchess
Duchess

Vent and rant time. I have been single for about 5 years. Sick of it. Over it. I am 45 and the dating pool is so thin. No luck online dating haven't met anyone I am really interested in. I am incredibly picky and maybe its time for me to lighten up but still be mindful that I cannot date an idiot when I have kids. My daughter has never wanted me to date. WTF its my life and I am tired of being alone. Daughter is 13. Apparently everyone else, including her Dad, is allowed to have a S/O but me. No more of this mindset. Its impossible to meet anyone when I hardly to out but now I am going to the gym and working out, going to lose some weight and feel better about myself and start being social.

So I posted on FB on my high school alumni board. A close friend/classmate suddenly passed away with no warning. I posted on his death (his funeral is Sat). A guy messaged me who went to the same school as me is 8-9 years younger. We started chatting. This guy is GORGEOUS, muscular, tattooed, but seems to only want a hook up. So far we have not met because he wants to come over even though I have my kids and I told him no. I've had my kids alot lately because my ex is out of town alot. We have not met yet and when we do it will be out in public. He has not been inappropriate at all besides wanting to come over.

I showed a girl I work with his pic and sure enough she knows him and went out with him 3 times. It's been a few years. She did say he is gorgeous, nice, and they never even kissed. She got the feeling he is a major player. She said there seemed to be something "off" about him although they didn't have S*x or even kiss.

I don't know. A part of me wants to meet him out in public to see what he is like. This girl at work told me they just didn't "gel" but said I should still meet him and see what I think.

I have not been with a guy this year yet. Pathetic!!! At this point I almost don't care if he just wants a hook up. As long as I use protection what's the harm?
TheMomster
Countess
Countess

No harm at all. Just let someone know who you are going out with and where you are going. Make sure you have your own vehicle. Have fun! You deserve it:)
Reedusstalker

There is nothing wrong with you meeting him in public. Just because she felt like there was something off doesn't mean there is. I think it's a good idea to go to the gym. Part of the reason you haven't been able to click with anyone maybe that you don't feel good about yourself, you know?
owl0210
Countess
Countess

If he hasn’t asked you out on a real date and just wants to go to your house then move on. Stop allowing your daughter to dictate your social life too.
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

owl0210 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:29 pm If he hasn’t asked you out on a real date and just wants to go to your house then move on. Stop allowing your daughter to dictate your social life too.
Exactly this.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

If you just want to do the guy then who cares. But don't have him to your place while your kids are there. But you already know that. I hope you find what you are looking for.
...MyLove...

You want your terrible luck with men to end, but you're okay with being used and tossed out, when the guy finds a real lady he respects?
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

...MyLove... wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:09 pm You want your terrible luck with men to end, but you're okay with being used and tossed out, when the guy finds a real lady he respects?
Sounds like she is ok with using him for a night as well. So..
...MyLove...

MrsDavidB wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:11 pm
...MyLove... wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:09 pm You want your terrible luck with men to end, but you're okay with being used and tossed out, when the guy finds a real lady he respects?
Sounds like she is ok with using him for a night as well. So..
So, she can shame herself and act like a fool, to pretend for a very short time that she isn't alone and lonely?
Oliviasmom72
Duchess
Duchess

Thanks. I have been in a real rut all year. I bought a Groupon for unlimited kickboxing/circuit training gym and had my first class last night. It kicked my ass but it was a great workout. The next 3 months is going to be about me and living a healthier lifestyle and being happier.

She said her and this guy had nothing in common. He wasn't a weirdo or anything they just didn't really hit it off.

It's been 5 years since they met. I guess I'll meet him and see what he is all about. I have zero expectations at this point.

Reedusstalker wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:28 pm There is nothing wrong with you meeting him in public. Just because she felt like there was something off doesn't mean there is. I think it's a good idea to go to the gym. Part of the reason you haven't been able to click with anyone maybe that you don't feel good about yourself, you know?
Locked Previous topicNext topic