What happened to the sweet kid?

AubreeGrace17
Duchess
Duchess

He will outgrow it. My brother is 13 months older than my twin sister and I. We all fought tremendously until we were all 17ish. It is normal for that age.
RedBottoms

Siblings don't have to like each other or hang out with each other but they have to be civil to one another. I would start telling him to shut up when he starts egging at her or lecturing her.

And in the meantime they need to have their own friends and own activities etc so they can spend time apart. My twins are raised this way and they honestly really do not fight because of it
Rosehawk
Duchess
Duchess

He sounds just like my 14 year old boy. My not so little asshole (he's 6'0") has been this way for a couple of years now. It really came to a head last September.

I think it's a teenager thing, and not isolated to boys or girls.
I used to be a people person
Then people ruined it
CreamTop
Duchess
Duchess

Sweet kid will return about halfway through his 20’s. Hang in there ❤️
i rise.....
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

He will return to normal in about 3 to 5 years.....if you are really lucky, lol
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

What else is going on in his life? I always step back and look, (I know, I'm like a damned broken record), are they sleeping? are they eating right? are they getting enough exercise? And then what other stressors are going on in their life, which feel out of control for them, so they turn around & basically through"horizontal violence" regain control by being mean or trying to control others? Sometimes, they don't even realize they are doing it and are genuinely upset when they are called out. I encourage exercise and journaling with mine (now, I am not saying they love it, lol) but we aren't quite that old yet, my ODS had precocious puberty, so we know hormones.

But yea, adolescence is rough for many parents. I am sure this will pass *hugs*
flowerfunleah
Marchioness
Marchioness

I have twin 3yo boys, your post isnt giving me a lot of hope for the future lol
Locked Previous topicNext topic