Dump and go instant pot cookbook

Deleted User 172

Unread post

I took the plunge, got an instant pot. Now I'm intimated by this machine. Lol

I bought this book.
Screenshot_20191228-090159_Amazon Shopping.jpg
I'm looking for a dump and go cookbook also

Can't find one easily online.
Does anybody have any suggestions or websites with good dump and go recipes?

TIA
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I thought the point of an Instant pot was for it to cook fast, not like a slow cooker where you dump things in and leave them cooking all day? I don't have either, so this is honestly something I don't know about?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:12 pm I thought the point of an Instant pot was for it to cook fast, not like a slow cooker where you dump things in and leave them cooking all day? I don't have either, so this is honestly something I don't know about?
It can do both.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:03 am I took the plunge, got an instant pot. Now I'm intimated by this machine. Lol

I bought this book.
Screenshot_20191228-090159_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I'm looking for a dump and go cookbook also

Can't find one easily online.
Does anybody have any suggestions or websites with good dump and go recipes?

TIA
https://pressureluckcooking.com/

His site is awesome for IP recipes. Also join the IP group on FB if you use that medium. Also look up Amy+Jackie . Welcome to the cult...errr I mean family :lol:
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:12 pm I thought the point of an Instant pot was for it to cook fast, not like a slow cooker where you dump things in and leave them cooking all day? I don't have either, so this is honestly something I don't know about?
It is. Some of the recipes I'm finding have too much active time. Like "use saute setting on blah blah for 8 minutes, remove and use pressure cooker setting for blah blah for 10 minutes."
If i wanted to do all that i would just cook.

Lol, i want something thats dump into the pot, come back in 30 minutes and its done.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:18 pm
It is. Some of the recipes I'm finding have too much active time. Like "use saute setting on blah blah for 8 minutes, remove and use pressure cooker setting for blah blah for 10 minutes."

Lol, i want something thats dump into the pot, come back in 30 minutes and its done.
It does have a learning curve.

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

*disclaimer* I love to cook; my family is quite spoiled by many time-intensive, "foodie" like meals.

I have found very few dump & go recipes that are exception in the insta-pot. Edible yes, but my family sort of "grumbles" don't ever make this again .

My favorite insta-pot book is TOG cookbook, and even then, her dump & go are not my favorite.

Deleted User 172

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:21 pm

Lol right?! I did the recommended water test when i first opened it up and couldn't figure out why it didn't go from the on setting to cooking. Turned out i needed to press the button on top to keep the pressure in.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:31 pm *disclaimer* I love to cook; my family is quite spoiled by many time-intensive, "foodie" like meals.

I have found very few dump & go recipes that are exception in the insta-pot. Edible yes, but my family sort of "grumbles" don't ever make this again .

My favorite insta-pot book is TOG cookbook, and even then, her dump & go are not my favorite.

Thank you!
I love to cook too and really enjoy the long, intricate recipes. I have one that takes about 8 hours to make and costs about $40 so it only gets made once a year and when i have an army to feed.

I got the instant pot because i hear so many good things about it and i got it $40 off regular price at Marshalls.
Guess I'll just have cook.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:41 pm
MistressMonster wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:21 pm

Lol right?! I did the recommended water test when i first opened it up and couldn't figure out why it didn't go from the on setting to cooking. Turned out i needed to press the button on top to keep the pressure in.
Which model did you get? I know going from my ultra to a duo has been different with the sealing vent. Ultra you don't have to do any sealing, it does it automatically. The duo you have to flip the thing.

Locked Previous topicNext topic