Blatant Favoritism at holidays

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anyone else deal with seeing this behavior from extended family?
My niece, their mom - wow...smh.....really shows her anger to her oldest, while the younger one is coddled, and can get away with murder -- ...opening presents xmas - older one opens his gift from me, and the mother snatched it out his hands within a minute to give it to the younger sib and tells him it's more sand for HIS bucket - UM, i didn't buy that for the 5yr old. I got the 5yr old something else....

The rest of the time i was there, the mom yelling at the older boy most of the time, while the 5yr old ran around like a total nut, opening things that didn't belong to him, and mom did nothing - no consequences for not listening to her. Imo, mom should have put things away out of sight she didn't want opened, as her living room literally looked like a huge toy store. The kids have everything they could possibly want. I find it sad she isn't teaching them to give back to our community, and to think of less fortunate.

I left early so as not to listen to it anymore.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

If I were you I would have spoke up and said hey I bought that for so and so. Or maybe you can try to take the oldest out with you to special places, etc.
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My sister is like this. Don't get me wrong she was abusive to bothe her children but she was far worse on the youngest.
The things that child went through is unforgivable and my sister gets butt hurt because the youngest doesn't want to visit her or have anything to do with her.
i want candy!
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

And when she snatched the sand from the older boy, what did you do? I hope it was say 'no, thats ODN (nephew, if I read that right) gift, give it back now'.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

You say it's your niece's mom? But then you only talk about her two sons. How does she treat your niece?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:20 am Anyone else deal with seeing this behavior from extended family?
My niece, their mom - wow...smh.....really shows her anger to her oldest, while the younger one is coddled, and can get away with murder -- ...opening presents xmas - older one opens his gift from me, and the mother snatched it out his hands within a minute to give it to the younger sib and tells him it's more sand for HIS bucket - UM, i didn't buy that for the 5yr old. I got the 5yr old something else....

The rest of the time i was there, the mom yelling at the older boy most of the time, while the 5yr old ran around like a total nut, opening things that didn't belong to him, and mom did nothing - no consequences for not listening to her. Imo, mom should have put things away out of sight she didn't want opened, as her living room literally looked like a huge toy store. The kids have everything they could possibly want. I find it sad she isn't teaching them to give back to our community, and to think of less fortunate.

mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I think the niece is the mom.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:39 am You say it's your niece's mom? But then you only talk about her two sons. How does she treat your niece?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:20 am Anyone else deal with seeing this behavior from extended family?

Anonymous 4

Unread post

My neighbors were like this growing up. The oldest was expected to do chores all day including being the "pit crew" for the various racing the youngest was in. He wasn't allow to race himself.
He grew up and hasn't escaped. He has a job and his brother and mom live with him. He's the only one with a job and is fully supporting that household. I was there one day when his mom came into work yelling at him because the trash needed taken out and the dishes needed done so his brother can eat. It's so sad.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

californiagirl83 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:38 am And when she snatched the sand from the older boy, what did you do? I hope it was say 'no, thats ODN (nephew, if I read that right) gift, give it back now'.
While it's good to say "I got that for ----", I doubt it would go well if she said " give it back now." You don't get to demand what others give and take from their children.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would bring it up to her in a calm non-accusatory manner.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I would have snatched the toy I bought for the older kid back and given it to the mom. Then I would have dragged the bitch into a quiet room and had a Come to Jesus meeting with her. I would have told her that I had been videotaping all day long and coincidentally captured all of the verbal and emotional abuse that she displayed towards the older child. If she didnt stop this asshole bitchy behavior immediately then I would have NO problem sharing this video with the police, CPS, the kids school and posting it on every social media platform known in the world. I would also inform her that I would be watching her from now on and if I even "thought" that she may be verbally, emotionally and physically abusing either children then I would reign hell and brimstone down on her so fast, her head would spin.
Locked Previous topicNext topic