Is she a horrible person for turning him down?

carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:43 pm
carterscutie85 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:29 pm He works at DQ. How much could he possibly have after bills? Lol. Unless he's a store manager which get paid decently here.

That's like this guy that comes into my job and wants my manager to be his sugar daddy. I'm like dude. He's an assistant manager for a drugstore. He doesn't have money lol.
So a manager doesn’t have money working there but you pretended you did?

I never said that I myself made decent money. I get paid a decent hourly wage for my title but when hours are cut for everyone due to corporate greed the amount I make per hour doesn't make up for that.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

My old neighbor works at price chopper as a regional manager and makes 6 figures. Not everyone who works in retail or the fast food business is completely broke.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

People are allowed to date or not date someone for whatever reason they want and that's their business. Like I told my son a couple of months ago when a girl he didn't like asked him to Homecoming, you aren't obligated to go out with someone just because they ask.
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

She doesn't have to date anyone she doesn't want to.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

I wouldn't date him either. I turned a guy down for a date because he was a trucker. We all have our dealbreakers.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Minimum wage here is $5.15 even though federal is $7.25. They pay minimum wage here and from what I can see online, you get 20-30 hours per week. That equals out to around $175ish per week after taxes- $9000ish a year. That is ok for a 16 year old, but a 32 year old should have more drive than that IMO. Who cares about the car, though.. Dh drives a 13 year old jeep that is in pristine condition. I don't think she is a gold digger, she just has different standards for herself than others do.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Unless she said she won’t date someone who makes under 6 figures thinking she’s a gold digger is a ridiculous stretch.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

leadfoot40 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:42 am Gold digger, no. But by 32 he should be better than dairy queen. I wouldn't date him either
My dad worked seven-11 at one point although he moved on to better things. So it would depend. 32 is young for me though.
Danesmommy1
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I wouldn't call her a gold digger. When I think of a good digger, I think of someone going after millions, not someone reaching for the stability of middle class.

There's nothing wrong with wanting a financially stable partner.
She is too fond of books and it has turned her brain.
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't think she's a horrible person. He isn't what she's looking for and that's ok.
Locked Previous topicNext topic