Pneumonia and Christmas

Anonymous 4

Unread post

I would blast that irresponsible selfish bitch on fb about dragging a sick child to family functions. Dont listen to some of these alleged medical professionals, they are idiots on their best day.

Patients with uncontrolled diabetes are considered immunosuppressed due to the negative effects of elevated blood sugars on the immune system. Hyperglycemia impairs overall immunity through different mechanisms. ... As a result, skin and soft tissue infections are prominent in diabetes patients with chronic hyperglycemia.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

God people are dumb. If he is on antibiotics it isn't a virus
Anonymous 6

Unread post

I think you will have little to worry about, particularly as he has started his course of treatment.

Now honestly, I do question the parents though. Who brings a sick kid out like that? I get they don’t want to miss out on seeing the family but that child needs to stay home and be cozy. Not spending time driving or surrounded by a bunch of people. Even if they tuck him away in a spare bedroom, I’m sure he would like to be at home
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

It sounds like you are looking for an excuse not to go over there-and you found it. No need for an excuse. Stay home with your Mom and enjoy the evening with her if that's what you want. Tell your dh to go over there for a while if he wants to see his family then come back home.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I wouldn’t be concerned.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

I'm with you OP. Your sister needs to keep her son at home and is being a cheeky fucker bringung him. But since you can't control other people's actions I would be staying home also. Pneumonia takes weeks to get over that shit....Its unbelievable that people don't believe that some diabetics ARE classified as immunecompromised
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:39 am I would blast that irresponsible selfish bitch on fb about dragging a sick child to family functions. Dont listen to some of these alleged medical professionals, they are idiots on their best day.

Patients with uncontrolled diabetes are considered immunosuppressed due to the negative effects of elevated blood sugars on the immune system. Hyperglycemia impairs overall immunity through different mechanisms. ... As a result, skin and soft tissue infections are prominent in diabetes patients with chronic hyperglycemia.
You have absolutely no medical education, do you? Nothing about your copy/paste relates to this post, but you don’t know enough to know how little you know.
Lilysma719
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I think for me it would depend how long he's been on antibiotics and fever free. I had pneumonia once a few years ago and it was awful. I wouldn't be happy about being exposed to it again at all, especially on purpose.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:40 am God people are dumb. If he is on antibiotics it isn't a virus
While that should be true, doctors frequently give out antibiotics when things are viral. It's a common occurrence.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

SolidlyAverage wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:33 am
Anonymous 4 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:39 am I would blast that irresponsible selfish bitch on fb about dragging a sick child to family functions. Dont listen to some of these alleged medical professionals, they are idiots on their best day.

You have absolutely no medical education, do you? Nothing about your copy/paste relates to this post, but you don’t know enough to know how little you know.
I've never claimed to have any medical education like so many idiots on here. I'll believe any printed info found on googe over the word of incompetent "alleged" medical professionals on here every single time.
Locked Previous topicNext topic