Desperately trying to get to the Vet, couple crashed their car

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1461

Unread post

Couple crashes driving to animal hospital after dog eats chocolate
http://wr.al/1H4xK

This is so sad
For all dog lovers, I think you can feel for them. They tried to help their dog and they were so desperate. 😢
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Idk I remember a cocker spaniel that ate an Easter basket that I had bought for a boyfriend's little brother. I tell you that dog was fine. Which honestly I thought was a shame. The basket wasn't cheap and I was pissed. Not my dog. The boyfriends. Back then I didn't know chocolate was fatal to dogs. But I'm sorry this one died.
Deleted User 1461

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:11 pm Idk I remember a cocker spaniel that ate an Easter basket that I had bought for a boyfriend's little brother. I tell you that dog was fine. Which honestly I thought was a shame. The basket wasn't cheap and I was pissed. Not my dog. The boyfriends. Back then I didn't know chocolate was fatal to dogs. But I'm sorry this one died.
Yep. You just never know how it will effect dogs. I learned about what a danger chocolate is just a few years ago.
Too sad.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Proof read your title.
“Couple crashed they’re car” = Couple crashed they are car.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

GMa4all wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:18 pm
Pjmm wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:11 pm Idk I remember a cocker spaniel that ate an Easter basket that I had bought for a boyfriend's little brother. I tell you that dog was fine. Which honestly I thought was a shame. The basket wasn't cheap and I was pissed. Not my dog. The boyfriends. Back then I didn't know chocolate was fatal to dogs. But I'm sorry this one died.
Yep. You just never know how it will effect dogs. I learned about what a danger chocolate is just a few years ago.
Too sad.
There are many things dangerous to a dog and that includes chocolate and grapes. That’s why you should do research on what people food dogs can and can’t eat before giving them people food.
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Sad
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
Deleted User 670

Unread post

It's the theobromine that is in cocoa powder. White chocolate contains trace amounts. Milk chocolate has some but not as much as dark chocolate. There are theobromine calculators online that you can use to determine if the amount of chocolate your dog ate was enough to take him to the vets or not. My Willow ate a pound and a half of fudge that I had left out for the kid to take to school to her teachers as gifts one year. It was like 2 o'clock in the morning when I discovered the little white paper cups everywhere. I looked online how to induce vomiting. One site said give hydrogen peroxide and listed how much per pound. So I did and spent the next 3 hours cleaning up vomit and then cutting up fudge to replace what the dog ate. I made sure to place the gift bags where she couldn't get them and left a note in the kitchen that I'd been up all night making sure the dog didn't die and remaking gift bags and that hubs had to take the kid to school that day and then went to bed. It was around 5:30 or 6 am at that point.

It's sad that they were unable to get the dog to the vet's in time and didn't know that they could have induced vomiting at home sooner and avoided the accident.
Deleted User 1461

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:38 pm
It's the theobromine that is in cocoa powder. White chocolate contains trace amounts. Milk chocolate has some but not as much as dark chocolate. There are theobromine calculators online that you can use to determine if the amount of chocolate your dog ate was enough to take him to the vets or not. My Willow ate a pound and a half of fudge that I had left out for the kid to take to school to her teachers as gifts one year. It was like 2 o'clock in the morning when I discovered the little white paper cups everywhere. I looked online how to induce vomiting. One site said give hydrogen peroxide and listed how much per pound. So I did and spent the next 3 hours cleaning up vomit and then cutting up fudge to replace what the dog ate. I made sure to place the gift bags where she couldn't get them and left a note in the kitchen that I'd been up all night making sure the dog didn't die and remaking gift bags and that hubs had to take the kid to school that day and then went to bed. It was around 5:30 or 6 am at that point.

It's sad that they were unable to get the dog to the vet's in time and didn't know that they could have induced vomiting at home sooner and avoided the accident.
That’s interesting! I didn’t know about that method to make a dog throw up.
Good to know! Thank you!
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:38 pm

From what I recall, we're talking thirty years ago, the dog vomited on his own. I hated that dog and this incident made me no happier. It had a weak bladder.
Locked Previous topicNext topic