I don't let others drive my car

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Unless it was an absolute emergency no one else is allowed to drive my car. That includes my SO. We have 2 cars so there is really no reason for my SO to drive my car anyway, we are on the same page for that.

So many people think it is weird. I have had many people both family and friends who have asked to use my car. I always say no.

I am not going to risk my car being wrecked by someone else who may or may not be able to pay to repair it. There are rental cars for a reason.

That is my confession.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:34 pm Unless it was an absolute emergency no one else is allowed to drive my car. That includes my SO. We have 2 cars so there is really no reason for my SO to drive my car anyway, we are on the same page for that.

So many people think it is weird. I have had many people both family and friends who have asked to use my car. I always say no.

I am not going to risk my car being wrecked by someone else who may or may not be able to pay to repair it. There are rental cars for a reason.

That is my confession.
Hubby was the only one allowed to drive my car, and vice versa. I don't have the issue of people asking to borrow my car.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I'm anon 2 so I'll reply I can't imagine not having good insurance that would pay for repairs.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:45 pm I'm anon 2 so I'll reply I can't imagine not having good insurance that would pay for repairs.
You found your throne. LOL!
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:45 pm I'm anon 2 so I'll reply I can't imagine not having good insurance that would pay for repairs.
Lol thanks anon 2, my insurance only covers me.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I don’t let anyone drive mine
No one’s ever asked, though
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Cool. I'm glad I don't have crappy insurance and don't have to worry about this sort of thing.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My husband and I have a combined insurance policy, so this is not an issue.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:00 pm My husband and I have a combined insurance policy, so this is not an issue.
How would that cover friends and family driving your car?
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:01 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:00 pm My husband and I have a combined insurance policy, so this is not an issue.
How would that cover friends and family driving your car?
It wouldn't, but I am talking about my spouse. I find it weird to not let the person who you are married to drive your car. As for family and friends, it depends on the situation. If it is a low-risk situation, like they're driving down the 30 mph two lane road to pick up something and they are my family or friend that I know well, I don't have an issue with it. I have collision coverage (which is for the car, not the driver, so I do not need to be driving my car for my car to be covered) and they have their own car insurance, so it would be covered.
Locked Previous topicNext topic