My ex is refusing to move out so I am making things miserable for him

Anonymous 1

Unread post

We broke up last week after I found out he was cheating. I told him to move out of my house. He said no, that I would have to evict him. Instead I am just making things miserable for him. The court date isn't for months and I want him out sooner than that. I turned off the the water, the gas, and the electricity. I have been working almost every day and just coming home to sleep. He tried to get the power turned back on but he can't because it isn't in his name. I know it isn't the most mature way but if it gets him out sooner than the court date it will be worth it.

His family was going to come to visit for Christmas which is not happening. He says I can not prevent it but I can. I own the home and I can have unwanted guests removed. If I could have the police remove him I would but he has rights.

For Christmas I am going to go stay with my daughter while he is home alone with no electricity. It has been 2 days and he is already going crazy.

I never thought he would cheat on me or just not leave. We had a good (or so I thought) relationship for 5 years. He works from home so I don't think it will be long before he can't take it anymore. I wish he would just move out already.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Good times.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

You sound worse than him.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Have fun psying him a shit load of money when he sues you for illegal eviction
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:28 am Have fun psying him a shit load of money when he sues you for illegal eviction
It's not illegal.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I never understand people who stay where they aren’t wanted
He should work on getting out & not adding more asshole to the mix by making you evict him, but I’m not surprised
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:28 am Have fun psying him a shit load of money when he sues you for illegal eviction
There's nothing illegal about it,...surely you're not THAT stupid
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Making a place uninhabitable is illegal. But what ever. I hope he buys a generator and tons of space heaters.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

No, it's illegal to "constructively evict" a tenant by by this kind of "self-help" method, like locking them out or shutting off their utilities so they'll leave. Even without a written lease for your tenancy, she's obligated to follow the Unlawful Detainer process if she wants to evict you by serving you with a complaint if you don't pay per the notice to pay or quit, etc.
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Have you petitioned the court to have him evicted?
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
Locked Previous topicNext topic